shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423477 - 28/12/02 03:42 PM 2 final shackle questions before I order....
dacunn Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
I am looking at the 1" and 2" shackles from SLR and want to got with the 2" if I can for the same final price. I know with the 1" I can level the truck's front end by adjusting the torsion bars and keep my stock shocks. Can the truck be made level with the 2" ones or will the front torsion bars not adjust enough to level the truck? I hate the nose down rake of the stock truck so this is a huge issue to me. Also, will I have to buy new shocks with the 2" lift?

I plan on just putting 31" BFG's on it this spring so I just want a little extra space if this helps in the answer to things. That, and the fact I just had a new baby so I have more important things to spend my $$$$ on than new shocks, like diapers, formula, etc.......

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Dave

#423478 - 28/12/02 07:05 PM Re: 2 final shackle questions before I order....
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
It's very difficult to answer your question since there is a lot of variance between vehicles. It really depends on how much your springs have sagged. If you want a level ride, you are more safe to go with the 1" shackles since most of the 2" that I have installed still ride a little high in the rear.

The 3 Add A Leaf system is a MUCH better solution for raising the rear of the truck, (since you get better suspension) but you WON'T get a level ride unless you replace your upper control arms and then adjust your T-bars to the max.

You mentioned that you are going with 31's. You can adjust the front and trim and not do anything with the rear for now if money is an issue. The shackles aren't needed for putting on those tires.

I hope this helps.

#423479 - 28/12/02 08:16 PM Re: 2 final shackle questions before I order....
dacunn Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
Thanks, that answers my question. I'll just go with the 1" so my truck sits level. I know it's not needed but wanted a little meaner stance to go with the 31's.

Thanks again, Dave

#423480 - 28/12/02 11:09 PM Re: 2 final shackle questions before I order....
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
i'd go with the 1" shackles to level the truck somewhat then once the springs sag do an add a leaf in the rear.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal