2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423532 - 26/07/04 10:07 PM Cracking niose
Anonymous
Unregistered

got a question...

When I make a sharp turn on my 03, 2wd, I hear a cracking noise coming from the front wheels.
I have not gone offroading but have traveled a bit.

called dealer and they said it was "normal".

what do you guys think?

#423533 - 27/07/04 06:53 AM Re: Cracking niose
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
im on mechanic but "normal" sounds to me like they are too lazy to look at it. take it in and see what they say. i can almost guarantee you that they will say it's normal so try and get a second opinion. if it is still doing it call Nissan and bitch to them. that really doesn't work either but maybe you will have better luck than what i have had!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#423534 - 27/07/04 07:19 AM Re: Cracking niose
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I can't see how a cracking noise when you turn could be normal...unless there are shopping carts or glass carriers, etc... on either side of you. wink

There are other things that can make a cracking noise on a sharp turn...and all are bad.

I'd make them look at it, take it apart, and see if the brakes or CV's or ball joints, etc are OK.

smile

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#423535 - 27/07/04 07:58 AM Re: Cracking niose
Anonymous
Unregistered

I always thought that noise could be considered normal, that grinding, rusty noise when you bump something while turning with your wheels completely turned. Isnt ?

#423536 - 27/07/04 01:26 PM Re: Cracking niose
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Geez, am I going to be the first to say "steering stops" here? More info to be found by searching that phrase in problems/annoyances...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#423537 - 27/07/04 04:10 PM Re: Cracking niose
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Geez, am I going to be the first to say "steering stops" here? More info to be found by searching that phrase in problems/annoyances...
Haven't had much experience with my X yet, but the steering stops on my 4Runner would make the most tortuous, unholy sounds imagineable at full turn - not so much a crack, but sometimes a loud knock.

#423538 - 27/07/04 10:38 PM Re: Cracking niose
Anonymous
Unregistered

[LOL]
Check this out. I took it to the dealer today and they said they would look at it.

Im ok with that.

My boss told me it just needed a little lubing. I didnt believe him, well It turns out that a little lubrication did the trick.

..................There is a recall on the fuel line system. It has to do with possible corrosion......................

thanks

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal