shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423860 - 16/03/05 06:25 PM Has Calmini fixed it's steering kit?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've read through a few posts that state the bushings (Calmini steering kit) are failing after a couple of months. I am going to buy a lift and a steering kit. SLR susp. seems to have alignment problems so I will probably go Calmini and for steering go SLR. Thoughts?

#423861 - 17/03/05 05:05 AM Re: Has Calmini fixed it's steering kit?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The SLR lift kit has not has alignment problems for years...it did when the first version came out though.

I have the SLR suspension, put it on last summer, aligned first time, no prob, and works great.

I also have the Calmini streering kit...its on about 11K miles so far...and its been great...although I have heard that the bushing has been wearing prematurely for many...mine's still tight though, but I hit it w/Mobil1 grease every 3K or less....and, to hedge the bet, I ordered new bushing's from XterraXcursions that are made from something that will supposedly solve the wear problem (I'm hoping).

So - I did the opposite of your plan.

I like the extra wheel travel the SLR lift allows...If you are getting the SLR steering kit, I'd just get the SLR suspension too, or at least the front end.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal