shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423927 - 29/08/07 11:22 PM 06 Suspension Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Everyone. I am pritty interested in having a lift on my 2006 Xterra. Right now I have the Automotive Customizers lift springs and the rancho 9000 shocks which I was basically forced to put on when my bilstein Strut EXPLODED towards the beginning of the summer. To compensate for the front end lift I added the three leaf add a pack from AC. THIS IS THE WORST LIFT EVER. My front end just constantly bounces off the ground to the point that I loose Steering for a moment, which is kinda freaky when it does it on the Freeway. and now my back end just creeeeekss constantly. Sooo My plan is to exchange everything out for the Radflos in the front with Total Chaos uca's and then do a custom leaf pack in the back. My question is will this stop the topping out and bouncyness of the front end???? I don't mind it being a little stiff i just cant stand going over speed bumps and having to slow down to 1mph other wise i end up catching air. Who makes the best custom leaf packs? Whats your guys thoughts and opinion? :p

#423928 - 30/08/07 03:29 AM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, it will stop it... those AC springs are stiff enough for an f350 superduty.
The Radflo's have a spring rate and valving tuned specifically for the X. The pressure from those AC's would be the reason for your stock bilstein blowing up.
Since you can only get the Radflo's from PRG you may as well get the Deaver mini-spring pack for the rear while you're at it. Just don't forget new u-bolts.

#423929 - 30/08/07 10:12 AM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The pressure from those AC's would be the reason for your stock bilstein blowing up.
I wish this the case haha but i had stock springs on when i did that. I was going about 5mph off road and didnt see a small rock sticking up because it was in shadow. It must have hit just wrong because the shock blew into two pieces making it one HELLLL of a nightmare trying to get it out of its shock mount without exploding which about two days later I figured out how to do it laugh . As for the Denver pack is that an add on to my stock leaves or is that an entirely new pack? Does it come with shims to fix axle vibration because thats one of my problems i have now even with the ac shims? Thanks for the response and I look forward to up grading.

#423930 - 30/08/07 12:03 PM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Get Alcan rear springs. It's an entire new leaf pack and it gets rid of the weak, crapy stock leafs. You can order them in any lift and any load capcity you want. When you call to order they ask you questions and figure out the best spring rate for your needs. They also correct them so you do not need shims.

#423931 - 30/08/07 07:17 PM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Get Alcan rear springs
How much do Alcan springs usually cost?

#423932 - 31/08/07 06:42 AM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think they are $500-$550 a pair plus shipping, but I would call them and get a real quote.

#423933 - 02/09/07 06:21 AM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Scott Offline

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
My Alcans were $567 - that is the springs, U-bolts, and shipping.

#423934 - 02/09/07 09:35 AM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cool Thanks Guys. How do you like your alcan leafs?

#423935 - 07/09/07 07:21 PM Re: 06 Suspension Question
Scott Offline

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
Right now my Alcan leafs are a bit too stiff because my shrockworks rear bumper hasn't come yet. I had the leaves built assuming the extra bumper weight. We will see in 3 or 4 more weeks.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal