shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#424750 - 18/02/06 02:51 PM PML question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which company would you suggest for shackles for 03 xterra???

#424751 - 18/02/06 03:03 PM Re: PML question
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have Calmini shackles on mine. The blue powdercoat peels off after a year in the midwestern salt, but it's ok with me.

In all honesty, they all work the same. It's the same piece of metal performing the same function. There's not gonna be much difference bwtween them, however the ones from SLR (if I'm not mistaken arre slightly shorter and will give you a little less lift, maybe by 1/2 inch or so.

EDIT: If you look around this section (on the bottom of the page select ' list topics from beginning') you'll find everything you need about a PML and more, but don't worry about asking if you need more info.

#424752 - 19/02/06 06:47 AM Re: PML question
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Most people just get the blue Calmini ones, and spray paint them black, for a PML. They are about $50, rugged, work, and give you the 1.5" of lift by being about 3" longer than stock shackles. If you get other shackles, there's no wrong answer, as long as they are about the same length, etc.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal