2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425105 - 19/06/01 06:44 AM Installing 6 inches of lift, I've got some questions!!
Sgt_Lobo Offline

Loc: Ocean Springs, MS
Well folks, after much aggonizing, I finally decided to purchase and install the ac 3" suspension lift with the add a leafs, revolvers, and rs-9000's all around. I also purchased the 3" body lift and steering stabilizer. Knowing right now how some people feel about body lifts and also how others feel about AC lifts in general, I do not want this to be a point of contention. That is not what this post is about.

So what is this post about? Well, first off, I am having a friend come up from Texas to help me install the kits in two weeks. He knows how to weld and is going to help me relocate my ARB after we install the body lift. My question is: Has anyone here had to relocate an ARB bullbar after installing a body lift? If so, do you have pictures of the brackets you fabricated? I just want to make sure I get the ARB mounted solidly so I don't have to worry when I whinch other folks out...

The other question I have is: What are your opinions on the following tires?
Swamper TSL/Thornbirds
Swamper TSLs
Interco TrXus
BFG MT's

Right now I am running Goodyear wrangler MT/Rs and I love them. But they are 31x10.5. I want to go to 33x10.5's. I would probably go with MT/R's again, but they are rather expensive. Do you know which companys actually make 33x10.5? I think most of them go to 12.5 after you move up to 33s. I just am trying to eliminate any chance of rubbing occuring by going with a slightly more narrow tire. I really like how the thornbirds look, but haven't heard alot about them.

Well, sorry for the long post. I know I was rambling, but I have alot on my mind right now. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

------------------
Sgt_Lobo
2000 4X4, SE, White http://www.cableone.net/sgtlobo/xterra.htm

[This message has been edited by Sgt_Lobo (edited 06-19-2001).]

#425106 - 19/06/01 07:15 AM Re: Installing 6 inches of lift, I've got some questions!!
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Dude, for what it's worth, I can't wait to see the results... Good luck with everything, and remember to post pictures!

If you do a lot of street driving, especially in the rain, I don't know that the BFG MTs are really the way you want to go, since they're not siped (at least the ones I've seen). The TRXUS is a nice tire and probably what I'll end up with some day. The SuperSwampers are pretty hot - and might be just the ticket to go with that rig you're building.

------------------
01 SE 6cyl 5spd Solar Yellow

#425107 - 19/06/01 08:03 AM Re: Installing 6 inches of lift, I've got some questions!!
Philosopher Offline

Lobo, I answered some stuff on the VOY board.

------------------

Philosopher's Xterra
Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club

#425108 - 19/06/01 08:39 AM Re: Installing 6 inches of lift, I've got some questions!!
Sgt_Lobo Offline

Loc: Ocean Springs, MS
Thanks. I've decided not to go with the skinnier 33x10.5 tires. I will go with 12.5. But I am still having problems deciding which ones to go with. Maybe I will dish out the bucks for a set of MT/Rs again.

Still need advice on relocating the bumpers though...

------------------
Sgt_Lobo
2000 4X4, SE, White
http://www.cableone.net/sgtlobo/xterra.htm

#425109 - 19/06/01 01:36 PM Re: Installing 6 inches of lift, I've got some questions!!
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt_Lobo:
Thanks. I've decided not to go with the skinnier 33x10.5 tires. I will go with 12.5. But I am still having problems deciding which ones to go with. Maybe I will dish out the bucks for a set of MT/Rs again.

Still need advice on relocating the bumpers though...

A decent body lift kit should come with bumper brackets to relocate them ... of course, it won't help you with the ARB but it should take care of the rear bumper.

------------------

Philosopher's Xterra
Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club

#425110 - 19/06/01 04:45 PM Re: Installing 6 inches of lift, I've got some questions!!
an1malch1n Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Hey sarge...
My recommendation is to go with the 32x11.50 super swamper SSR's. I have a set and love em. Well use too. I only got the susp lift and encountered lots of rubbing when flexed, so I downgraded to a 31" SSR. With the Body lift you should be ok.
They are loud but you will appreciate the off-road performance.
I bought these tires and they are as tall as my neighbors 33" BFG M/T but not quite as wide as his 12.50 almost though. I think this way you will get the best of both worlds, a 33" size tire with just the right width.

------------------

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal