2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425806 - 10/03/05 09:56 AM Tire wearing out on the inside
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to make sure before I do anything. This pic was taken a few months ago and you can see the tires are worn more on the inside. I want to make sure that this is the t-bars need to be cranked some, or the alignment is what is causing it, or both.
Thank in advance!

#425807 - 10/03/05 10:25 AM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Could be both.

Wear on the inside edges of the tire typically means the tires are more like this: / \, than this: [ ]

...Which is typically a camber adjustment.

Toe being off can do that too though.

If its just camber, and the T-bars have sagged, cranking them back up can fix it...and if not, you can always crank them up for the hell of it, throw some longer rear shackles on the butt, and do a 1.5" SL.

laugh

(Your pic is too dark for me to see)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#425808 - 10/03/05 10:25 AM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crank the t-bars to the level you want and get an alignment. If the front is already as high as you want it as is, just go get the alignment.

#425809 - 22/03/05 03:11 PM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
ShipRekd1 Offline

tire wear only on the inside edge is mechanical wear (worn front end parts), or the vehicle is out of alignment. If the wear was equal on the inside and outside edge of the tire it is under-inflation. And if just the centers are wearing it is over-inflation.

Jason

#425810 - 22/03/05 03:26 PM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the picture it looks like the tire on the left (passenger side) is pointing out. That may be the problem, do you notice any pulling to one side?

#425811 - 23/03/05 12:33 PM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
03SYXPilot Offline

Loc: DE
Quote:
Originally posted by Critters:
From the picture it looks like the tire on the left (passenger side) is pointing out. That may be the problem, do you notice any pulling to one side?
Ditto that!! Holy Shizzle you can see that the passenger side tire is WAY out of toe!!! You probably have to turn your steering wheel to the left to keep your truck straight, right?

Now proud owner of a '05 Mazda 3 HB!!

#425812 - 25/03/05 08:06 AM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, I realzed that it is starting to pull to the right. So, now what do I do first to correct this? Alignment?

#425813 - 25/03/05 08:26 AM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, get an alignment and rotate the tires. Inside edge wear is caused by one or both the following:

Too much negative camber
tires are "toed out"

Both Camber and Toe are alignment adjustments.

Cranking the Tbars up will typically cause tires to toe in some due to the angles of the tierods, as well as create negative camber. My suggestion is to adjust the Tbars and get it to the ride height you want it, and then see your alignment guy.

#425814 - 25/03/05 08:41 AM Re: Tire wearing out on the inside
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool, thanks desert_rat

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal