2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425819 - 07/04/07 03:59 PM PML causing bearing problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I put a PML on not too long ago. I put off getting an alignment for a while, and now I have to replace the bearings...for the second time. The first time I had to was when I first bought the car, and now I have to do it again. Does anyone think this is because of the PML? It seems like no one has had any real problems after putting the PML on from what I've sen, so I was thinking maybe it could be something else. Its going to cost me $465 to get it fixed... Any Ideas?

#425820 - 07/04/07 04:26 PM Re: PML causing bearing problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you sure the bearings are bad? The PML would have nothing to do with bearings wearing. Possibly, but doubtfully, the alignment may.

If the bearings are bad for a second time, something else is wrong. Make sure you get to see your old parts.

#425821 - 07/04/07 04:35 PM Re: PML causing bearing problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was told there was too much play on the bearings to be able to get an alignment, unless they were replaced. So would it be more likely that not having an alignment after I put the PML on would cause it? I dont want to get taken here, I kind of felt like maybe they werent telling me the whole truth.

#425822 - 07/04/07 10:21 PM Re: PML causing bearing problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sounds more like a centerlink problem.

#425823 - 09/04/07 06:29 AM Re: PML causing bearing problems?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you just need to repack the bearings, and re-torque them per the spec. Sometimes they will develope some bearing play, I did mine and they are fine. When and if you take it apart, that is the time when you can tell they are bad. Look for color change on the races and bearings, and or scoring. Even if there is coloring(from heat or something like that) they could still be fine. Its not too hard to do.

#425824 - 09/04/07 08:57 PM Re: PML causing bearing problems?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Off hand, it sounds like the drivel that you'd get from a stealership trying to fuck you out of warrenty coverage.

laugh

Go somewhere else that knows what they are talking about, and is honest as well.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#425825 - 10/04/07 05:50 AM Re: PML causing bearing problems?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by marty2:
That sounds more like a centerlink problem.
x2

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal