2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#426494 - 06/09/07 11:28 PM control arms
Anonymous
Unregistered

do aftermarket ones like the Calmini lift the front at all? i saw a site that sells control arms say that those lift the front 3 inches but the Calmini site doesnt say they do, so i figured i'd give it a shot here by asking

#426495 - 07/09/07 04:48 AM Re: control arms
Anonymous
Unregistered

The new UCA's allow you to crank up the torsion bars more with keeping proper balljoing angle, so, yes. If you look on the Calmini site you will find the 3" kit with the arms in it.

#426496 - 07/09/07 01:04 PM Re: control arms
Anonymous
Unregistered

i know the kit comes with them, i was wandering if just putting the arms on themselves lift the front, or make it have a wider stance.

#426497 - 07/09/07 01:31 PM Re: control arms
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The UCAs do not provide any lift at all....and they do not change the stance.

The Calmini, SLR and AC UCAs are all the same length as the OEM UCAs (Regardless of marketing claims...), but are angled up at the end, to allow for alignment when the arms swing in and downwards when you do a lift.

All the lift is provided by the t-bars twisting the LOWER control arms downwards...picking the truck up.

All the upper arms really do is alignment as the tire goes up/down.

If the UCAs were longer for example, it would actually tip the tire outwards more when drooped, the exact opposite of what you need, etc.

If the UCA is curved to avoid the upper bumpstop, it can droop a bit more, otherwise, it will have the same travel as an OEM UCA, etc.

The OEM UCA's will have enough adjustment to allow alignment to about 1.5" of lift...after that, they can't camber out enough to compensate for the tip out of the tire on droop.

(A lift on an IFS is just pre-drooping the tires...)

So - No lift from UCAs...just the ability to get a good alignment after a 3" lift.

Hope that helps!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#426498 - 07/09/07 01:53 PM Re: control arms
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea that helps, so i guess that other site was full of crap or should be worded better

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal