shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#426855 - 19/02/07 12:42 PM bilsteins
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which model is best? Is there any differnce in travel? I have a 2" BL and a PML. What would you guys recommend? smile

#426856 - 20/02/07 04:20 AM Re: bilsteins
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just get the 5100's for the 3" suspension...for the rear anyway....don't matter up fromt, unless you plan on putting a SL on, even then, I don't think it much matters for front.

#426857 - 20/02/07 11:38 AM Re: bilsteins
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jason, I have Calmini extended rear shocks. I've had them for a while and I like them. There were people that had problems with them such as wear after a year or so. I've had no such issues yet.

What lead me to try Calmini was the price. They are cheaper than Bils, so I figured I'd give them a shot.

That said, I just ordered Bilsteins 5100 for 3" lift for my front. Those are 20% stiffer and a little longer. The price was the same as the others so I went with stiffer and longer, even though longer will not make a difference at this point.

I ordered from AC. They said they should be able to ship tomorrow via ground, which (according to them) takes 3 business days. Not too bad a deal for $12.

#426858 - 21/02/07 09:25 AM Re: bilsteins
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to order some Bils today. Would anyone have the the modle number of the shocks for the front and rear in the 5100 series? I want the rears to be the ones for a 3" SL and the front for stock. I am also doing a PML with a 2" BL, so if you think I need a lomger shock in front that modle number also would be good. But from what I have read I shouldn't need longer ones on the front sence I won't be doing a SL. Thanks A lot.

#426859 - 21/02/07 10:34 AM Re: bilsteins
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Even with an SL, the front shocks don't need to be longer, as even if its the SLR SL, with a couple more front droop inches, the stock shocks are STILL long enough to reach.

The ONLY advantage to getting the Bils up front too, is that the truck will ride/handle better...not because the front stock shocks are too short.

The Bils you order for the 3" SL use the same length shocks up fron as stock...they're just valved differently.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#426860 - 21/02/07 10:49 AM Re: bilsteins
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
In the current 4 wheeler they blew up a front bilstein on a NISMO frontier!!!! Granted they were jumping it but still pretty interesting, kinda like when they had the side airbags go off on their 07 GMC sierra, GM said that it had operated within normal parameters and that they error on the side of safety!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#426861 - 25/02/07 10:58 PM Re: bilsteins
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too am looking fof the model number for the rear Bilstein 5100, for a 3" lift. By the way. What is the website for "AC" ?

#426862 - 26/02/07 04:27 AM Re: bilsteins
Anonymous
Unregistered

AC They have them called out by years on the site.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal