shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#426889 - 09/01/05 08:37 PM what about rancho?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im have been looking around the web page (HAHAHA) and i have not heard anyone on here talk about Rancho's suspension lift. there is pleanty of information and opinions about the Calmini, SLR, and the AC lifts, does anyone have this lift?

i also understand the draw backs of the Calmini lift (bad bushings), the SLR (price)... ect, all said and done, is it worth it to spend the extra cash for the SLR? i have limited mechanical ability so i want to get somthing that i can put on and be done with it.

i will be very greatful for any help or opinions that anyone has or any expierences that anyone that anyone has had with these 4 companies.

#426890 - 10/01/05 04:50 AM Re: what about rancho?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The reason that no one likes the Rancho lift is that is sucks, especially for the money.

laugh

The Calmini and SLR lifts are really the two options...AC just private labels others lift (And other) parts from what I've seen....but AC sells the low end for less, and people who use AC have liked the stuff from what I can tell.

laugh

I have the SLR front, to get the extra 2" of wheel travel...my rear is Calmini.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#426891 - 10/01/05 09:52 AM Re: what about rancho?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nobody talks about the Rancho, because it costs as much or more than anybody else, and it's not worth the money to get red parts under your rig vs. blue vs. black.

Calmini's lift doesn't have a problem with bushings. Their steering does, but not their lift. Sure, it may squeak a bit. But here's a shocker... So will everybody elses... Greasing A-Arm bushings has little to no effect. Might help a little as soon as you do it. Not going to help much at all in the long run. If you're worried about a little extra noise, don't offroad...

AC's lift is just fine, as compared to Calmini and SLR. It's also the cheapest of the 3. They have no current issues with thier lifts.

SLR's lift is just fine, too. It's only drawback is price, but it's really not that much more than the other two, if you take into account that you eek out a touch more performance out of it than the others (thought the amount is debateable).

It really just comes down to price. Take your pick on how much you want to spend. With the Nissan, there isn't any crap lifts out there; they all work well, and are built well. How much do you want to spend... That's the only question you should be asking yourself.

#426892 - 10/01/05 11:59 AM Re: what about rancho?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the greasable ac front arms, and have no noise at all.. the rear leafs are another story.. I havn't greased them in 4k miles... humm, sounds like i need to dig out my gun before it rains (again!!) [Crybaby]

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal