shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#427222 - 16/06/07 12:49 AM 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, I'm new to the whole BL/SL thing.

If I do a 2", 2.5", or 3" BL on the X and I want to add a Shrockworks bumper/winch... will the bumper be positioned too low because of the BL?

#427223 - 16/06/07 04:43 AM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes and no. Shrock makes a 2" BL version to fit up better, there is still a gap but it is to allow the truck to flex a bit without rubbing. If you do a 3" BL you will have to get out the plasma cutter laugh

#427224 - 16/06/07 11:52 AM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

So does a SL lift the frame as well?

Meaning.... if I did a 2" BL and a 2" SL, would the Shrockworks bumper mount as normal?

#427225 - 16/06/07 12:12 PM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, a body lift does just that: lifts the body farther off the frame. The frame stays where it was so the bumper is 2" lower. Hence why Shrock makes a bumper for a 2" Body Lift.

#427226 - 16/06/07 01:26 PM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
No, a body lift does just that: lifts the body farther off the frame. The frame stays where it was so the bumper is 2" lower. Hence why Shrock makes a bumper for a 2" Body Lift.
So when I see an X with a 3"+ lift and a Shrockworks bumper, that means that the installed drilled new mounting holes for the bumper in order for it to line up properly?

#427227 - 16/06/07 04:36 PM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Either that, or they leave a gap like I did.

#427228 - 16/06/07 06:28 PM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
Either that, or they leave a gap like I did.
Have a picture of yours?

#427229 - 16/06/07 07:28 PM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
Anonymous
Unregistered

#427230 - 17/06/07 06:02 PM Re: 2" BL and Shrockworks bumper....
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Just for the sake of clarity...as this thread wound about a lot...

1. The X has a body that mounts onto a frame...the frame is held up by the suspension.

2. No suspension changes affect ANY Body OR Frame mounted items. (As far as bumpers/sliders go...it doesn't matter at all as to what suspension you have...no impact)

3. Body mounted items are not involved with adding bumpers or sliders, etc...all of those mount to the frame, for strength.

4. The bumpers and sliders mount to the frame.

5. All a body lift does is make the body further from the frame (To make room for larger tires, etc...)

6. If you raise the body from the frame, the gap between them gets larger.

7. If you bolt a bumper to the frame, and then raise the body...it doesn't affect the bumper (Or slider, etc...)...All it does is expose a larger gap, as described in #6.

8. If the gap bothers you...the MOUNT of the bumper to the frame can be changed, to raise the bumper to cover the gap.

9. Shrock makes the bumpers with a second mounting point that allows you to mount it higher to cover the gap if there's a 2" BL.

10. If you do a 3" BL, you'd have ~ a 1" gap remaining after the 2" BL version Shrock covered the first 2" of it.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal