2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#427244 - 28/01/07 04:22 PM lift help
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was wondering if i got this kit lift kit
plus 4 shocks made for it...is that ill i need for a full 3" lift all around.

also that kit says u get AAL or Shackles...dont u need both for the full 3" lift in the rear

can someone clear things up for me thanks

#427245 - 28/01/07 04:46 PM Re: lift help
Anonymous
Unregistered

touchy question with lots of opinions.

I almost got that setup last summer.. I did a ton of back and forth with the AC crew, research and looking around. What I ended up with was the SLR setup because, when it came down to it, I wanted to make sure that I was covering as many bases as possible.

I bought the Stage II-IV UCAs, NISMO T-Bars, Econ sterring, and diff drop to go with the other stuff that I already had (2" shackles, 20% bilsteins at all four corners, idler arm brace and other extras). All done and said, I've felt the difference that there is now and the extra couple of hundred is like insurance.

But, that said, the AC stuff will likely carry you some distance and, worse comes to worse, you have some serious fun ahead of you. The only caveat that I'd have is the need for the diff drop.. some will say that it's not needed, but I would rather have it in place and use it than not have it and hear that 'clunk clunk' at a time when I might already be nervous about the stuff that I'm going over.

#427246 - 28/01/07 07:10 PM Re: lift help
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I believe its incorrect.

The longest X lift shackles I've seen are 6" eye to eye, which gives 1.5" of rear lift.

So the "true 3" of lift" would be 1.5" of lift.

Sorry.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal