shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42740 - 17/11/03 03:24 PM Sport Package or after market LSD?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone. First post, but I have been reviewing the site for awhile. Thanks to you all for the info you provide. I am currently trying to locate an 04,XE,M/T,4x4. I plan on getting the World Champ. Package and Sport Package. Opinions on the site suggest that the LSD is weak. Is it worth getting the Sport Package or should I save the $ and have an after market LSD installed or can that even be done? I'm not that mechanically savy so I am unsure of what the cost would be for purchase and installation. Thanks for your help.
Tom

#42741 - 18/11/03 06:56 AM Re: Sport Package or after market LSD?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Well, considering that there is no aftermarket LSD for the rear diff (only one I've seen is the same unit the factory installs: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88334), I think it's obvious...

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#42742 - 18/11/03 08:59 AM Re: Sport Package or after market LSD?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
When I got my X, I wanted the Sports Package for the LSD itself, I figured I could put on Aftermarket Fog Lights and Tow Hooks (the OEM Tow Hook sucks), but when my X was delivered it didn't come with the Sports Package...The LSD is weak on the X's, I had one on my First X, and don't really miss it...but the answer to your question: Yes, get the Sports Package for the LSD itself..even though it's weak, it's a little better than having a Open Diff...
Nissan should really build LSD's on ALL 4x4 Xterra's, instead of getting it through a Package...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal