2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#428502 - 04/03/07 06:05 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I guess I am just an asshole... they must be out of the shop for the baja 250... I can't get them either. Sorry Fuzzy guy, my foot tastes good confused

#428503 - 05/03/07 10:47 AM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

na no one is a a-hole. We are just trying to get our parts. They must have been at baja for the last 2 weeks then! lol

#428504 - 06/03/07 12:08 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great...Now you can't even call them. The phone number has been disconnected. I guess they forgot to pay the bill before heading out. [ThumbsDown]

#428505 - 06/03/07 12:22 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow...i just tried to call and got the same thing. then come on here to see that im not the first one to find this out.

#428506 - 06/03/07 01:45 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

After seeing this thread, I ordered my Bils from AC. Got them at my office door in 4 days.

I don't mean to rub it in, just suggesting an alternative.

#428507 - 06/03/07 05:56 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know what # people have been calling but I just tried 909-421-0255 and got their machine. Their phone is working now.

#428508 - 06/03/07 07:38 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah it was back up by 9pm EST, answer is still full but at least the line is open [ThumbsUp]

#428509 - 07/03/07 02:40 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

so someone actually answered the phone today. The guy was nice. Still said he is waiting for the parts to get to him and thats all bilstien will tell him. I just hope to see them next week. it will have be 2 months by that time.

#428510 - 07/03/07 06:04 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The nice guy you spoke to is actually Spencer. I also talked to him today... you can take his word that if he does not have the parts, then there is nothing he can do to speed it up until they get there.

#428511 - 09/03/07 04:26 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

And about 10 minutes after Shmitty talked to Spencer, I was on the phone with him talking about the Econ steering system that I haven't installed yet and wanted to upgrade.

Not only did he spend the time with me to make sure that I making the right decision, but helped me to pick out the right combination of parts.

Yeah, he made more money off of me for just picking up the phone well after 5p, but when it comes down to it, it's a great shop with great products and I'd rather know that my money was going to the person that did the work than to pay someone who's sitting there, answering emails and phone calls.

At some point, Spencer might need to bring on an admin full time, but for now, he's there when I call, doesn't try to sell me anything that I reasonably don't need and delivers the products in a timely manner - at least those products that he has direct control of.

Oh, and in case I get flamed for this, in the last year, I've bought the following from SLR:

- 2" shackles
- Stage I-IV UCAs
- Torsion Bars
- Econ Steering (being upgraded to the SLR steering system soon)

#428512 - 09/03/07 05:02 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to go too far off topic, but it really needs to warm the F up so we can get the rest of this stuff installed. :rolleyes:

#428513 - 09/03/07 05:55 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got mine several months back from AC in about 3 or 4 days

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop...5d0158cdc51fa57

AC can be kinda loopy also so YMMV...but 2 months for a set of shocks seems unreasonable

#428514 - 09/03/07 07:09 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shmittey:
Not to go too far off topic, but it really needs to warm the F up so we can get the rest of this stuff installed. :rolleyes:
No kidding..
But, make sure to have that stuff when we go to Dagger's.. if it's possible to get it in, we should see if we can do it.

#428515 - 15/03/07 06:17 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok..another week and no product. Are we all still shockless? i lost track of how long its been.

#428516 - 23/03/07 03:35 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got a call from Spencer last night. He got the shocks yesterday and shipped them today.

#428517 - 24/03/07 07:02 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spoke to Spencer on Thursday about a steering system that I have on order with him.

For a shop that's supporting a lot of Nissan guys with not a lot of people around him, I think he does as well as or better than most of the more fully staffed shops.

#428518 - 27/03/07 08:17 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

let me know if and when you get these. I called 3 times in the last couple weeks after my last post and he said he was checking the status and will call me back and i still have not heard anything.

#428519 - 29/03/07 01:49 AM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Talked to him last night and my parts ship today. He's in the midst of working on two racing trucks - which is understandably a priority, so it only means that I had to wait a few extra days for the order to complete.

#428520 - 29/03/07 11:34 AM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hows the steering feeling after some driving?

#428521 - 29/03/07 03:57 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't driven the truck since Monday. I took the new car up to work this week. But, I'll have it out tomorrow for a spin, just to see if I can get any more creaks and groans out of it before tightening everything down.

Oh, and the steering is good - very good. I won't get the package from Spencer until after I leave on Sunday for our meeting, so, I will have to catch up with you the week after.

#428522 - 29/03/07 04:15 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No prob... We will be installing it on the spot though laugh

#428523 - 30/03/07 04:25 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes we will. I'll need to make sure to bring that big ass breaker bar and the wrench.

You are going to be VERY happy with it on.

Are we doing the T-bars as well? Or, do you want to do the same thing that we replace the basic part of the steering and then do a mod day for the UCA's, T-bars, etc?

#428524 - 30/03/07 04:30 PM Re: anyone order bils from SLR recently?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah I don't want to mess with the Tbars in my driveway. but we'll see how ambitious we are after the steering. [ThumbsUp]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal