2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429342 - 19/04/05 02:17 PM 2" BL how difficult is it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just received my 2"BL, and the 74 step instructions seem to be pretty intimidating. Has anyone installed one, and are they as difficult as the instructions seem?

#429343 - 19/04/05 03:51 PM Re: 2" BL how difficult is it?
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
the instructions are the best way to do it, thats why they are there. if you are unsure of yourself take it to a shop and have the work done but definetly go through the manual make sure you have all the necessary tools and equipment and if you feel comfortable go ahead. oh yeah you should also have plenty of beer to help convince some friends to help out.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#429344 - 20/04/05 06:16 AM Re: 2" BL how difficult is it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just did mine 2 weeks ago. We did not even open the instructioins till we needed to double check the torque amount. Oleg from NJAX has done 10 now in person and one over the phone. Too bad you are in Texas, i don't think he will drive down.

But anyway. Take your time, get some help, and don't let them drink or eat till you are mostly done. Plan on like 8 hours with moving the rear bumper.

#429345 - 20/04/05 06:57 AM Re: 2" BL how difficult is it?
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
The time it takes to complete a body lift depends on how mechanically inclined you are. Also, I did alot of research on XOC...hearing the do's and don't(s). After I recieved the kit, I did some preparation before the day of install. Like spraying all the bolts with WD-40, removing parts that are changed or eliminated with the body lift, pulling back the carpet in areas where I need to access the bolts....things like that. Then when the day came to install, it took myself and Aerosteve about 5 hours to complete the job which included a lunch break and a quick trip to the hardware store. We spent other 30 minutes maybe redrilling and installing the rear bumper....an about another 1 1/2 hours modifying the ARB.

Then I read and hear others that have done the body lift and they take two full days to complete without bumper modifications and breaking parts on their Xterras since they were not prepared or knew what they were doing.

So good luck!

#429346 - 21/04/05 11:55 AM Re: 2" BL how difficult is it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

go post in the southwestern xterra club, I'm sure some of us that have installed a BL can get out and help you.

#429347 - 21/04/05 12:21 PM Re: 2" BL how difficult is it?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Heck yeah man... I didn't realize that Wichita Falls wasn't that far away (2-ish hours according to Yahoo).

We can help for sure (either by physically helping or just with tech support). I did a 3" on mine a couple of months ago.

It is a lot of work... I was glad that I had a second vehicle to drive as it took me a couple of weekends (the 3" is much more involved than the 2")... but it's not that difficult/complicated.

Make sure not to let your steering wheel spin around freely if you have to disconnect the steering shaft (not sure if you have to for the 2"). If you don't, it can screw up your airbag. Bungee it in place before you take anything apart.

#429348 - 25/04/05 10:50 AM Re: 2" BL how difficult is it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

About the 2" Body Lift - what is the best brand to install on the Xterra. I am currently looking for one and plan on installing myself. Any suggestions?

#429349 - 25/04/05 11:25 AM Re: 2" BL how difficult is it?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Moab SV-Xterra:
About the 2" Body Lift - what is the best brand to install on the Xterra. I am currently looking for one and plan on installing myself. Any suggestions?
The only body lift that I know about (and the one that pretty much everyone gets) is from 4x4parts.com. It is actually made by Performance Accessories.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal