2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#429803 - 01/04/02 10:22 AM Front Bilstein Stiffness
XID_dup1 Offline

Loc: Phoenix,AZ
I just ordered a full set of Bilstein's and went with the 10% stiffer for the front. My reasoning was I wanted to find a balance between OE and overly stiff. This is my first truck and I knew going into it that the ride would be harsher than cars and I'm OK with that. I've been out wheeling in AZ now for about a year and have really enjoyed the variety of trails(washboard, rutty, slickrock, rock-crawling). I decided it was time to upgrade the shocks and get shackels, but like I said I didn't want to go over board on the ride stiffness. Will the 10%'s serve me well or should I really have gone with the 20%'s? I seen discussion saying the 20's are good if you have a ARB, etc... or will be adding one soon and the 10's are good for those of us with stock bumpers.

For those who have done the 20's, do you feel your on road ride quality diminished, feels the same or got better. Has anyone gone with the 10's and then switched to the 20's or vice-versa? Opinions?

Thanks,

Andy

#429804 - 01/04/02 11:19 AM Re: Front Bilstein Stiffness
Dayspring Offline

Loc: Greenwood IN
Well the question is- how much more are you planning on doing to the front end? ARB/Calmini bumper? A bunch of NJAX people have done the AC Hi-Angle A-Arms and new torsion bars, which could also affect your ride. So, think about what you want to do. I personally have the 10% up front, and will be doing the new Torsion bars before the ARB.

#429805 - 01/04/02 03:39 PM Re: Front Bilstein Stiffness
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
i ran the 20% stiffer for a while before i got my ARB and torsion bars. i didnt feel it was overly stiff especially once they get used for a few weeks or so. yes they are stiffer but not harsh.

#429806 - 01/04/02 09:25 PM Re: Front Bilstein Stiffness
XID_dup1 Offline

Loc: Phoenix,AZ
I don't plan on getting a new bumper in the forseeable future, so that's why I decided on the 10%'s. Since the back end is getting a lift with the shackels and sometime later this year I might want to do the SLR AAL's, I'll want to level the front out again and without losing any more downward travel(read: I don't want to crank the T-Bars all the way.) So those mods might be in my 1 year future.

Are people primarily going with the 20's for the extra weight of a bumper?

Andy

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal