shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#430127 - 12/08/02 06:57 AM Cranked T-Bars: For how long w/o UCA's?
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
I'm piecing together my lift. I've been running my rig with AAL's, idler arm brace, longer shocks, and a 1.5" torsion adjustment for about 4 months now. UCA's in the works ($ is always the big issue isn't it?).

My question is : For how long is it safe to run my rig like this? Has anyone that has been running thier X in the same fashion, for the same length of time (or longer), experienced any problems with this setup? Of course until the UCA's come in, I'd have to just keep risking it, but I'd like to know what problems to look for (if any)...

As always, thanks for the help in advance!

DKX01

#430128 - 12/08/02 08:55 AM Re: Cranked T-Bars: For how long w/o UCA's?
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Mine's been like this for a while... As long as stuff is in spec, and you're aligned... No problem.

However, I'm getting tired of the "droop" in the front (since jackin' the back more) and those UCAs are really, really tempting... But egads, $349...

#430129 - 12/08/02 10:44 AM Re: Cranked T-Bars: For how long w/o UCA's?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I've been running with nothing more than a t-bar crank since 9/00 with no problem. I have adjusted them once sometime last year when I realized I had maxxed the crank out and had the UCA's on the bumpstops, been running with over an inch between the bumpstop and UCA ever since and the gap is holding fine. Nothing but a TJM bumper weighing the front end down so far.
Steering is still holding up fine with 32x11.50" tires best I can tell, with infrequent but rough 'wheeling.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal