shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#431254 - 11/03/08 09:41 AM Crank up T-bar, then shackles later?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've searched for this quite a bit, haven't found an answer.

I plan on cranking my t-bars tomorrow with alignment at night time, and my A/C shackles won't come in for a couple of days. Will I mess with the geometry of the truck if my front is higher than the back? I know that Xterras are butt high out of the factory.

Thanks in advance!

#431255 - 11/03/08 11:09 AM Re: Crank up T-bar, then shackles later?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't think it would but I could be wrong. But the t-bar crank for your PML is the easiest to do and I would think it would be best for your alignment if you waited and did it all at once.

#431256 - 11/03/08 11:39 AM Re: Crank up T-bar, then shackles later?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sounds reasonable, I really want to do it tomorrow because that is the time my friend can help, I feel quite unease doing this the first time by myself.

Between the time I crank up the t-bar to the time I put on the shackles, I won't be doing much driving, 2 miles a day or so to school or work. I'm guessing it wouldn't be a problem cranking my t-bars tomorrow, putting the shackles on a few days later, then get an alignment?

#431257 - 11/03/08 12:40 PM Re: Crank up T-bar, then shackles later?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't see an issue if you keep your driving to a minimum. The mod is really not that difficult though. It's pretty straightforward but I can understand wanting an extra hand.

#431258 - 11/03/08 02:04 PM Re: Crank up T-bar, then shackles later?
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you crank up the t-bars you will find out it is super easy and doesnt take long at all. Unless you need to re-index them witch would probably take a while.

#431259 - 11/03/08 02:13 PM Re: Crank up T-bar, then shackles later?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just did the very same thing, but won't be going in for an alignment anytime soon. I'm sure I have some bad bushings etc. and can't see wasting the money, unless I find a decent place for a lifetime alignment.

Right now the Camber (I think) is out, but it drives straighter than before so I think the Toe-in is perfect. I'll mess with it when I have more time, but really want to just pull the whole thing apart and inspect it all. Order all the bushings, Center link, IA Brace, etc. and do it all in one shot, then get the alignment.

BTW - It took about 2 hours total to do the T-Bar crank (No reindexing), remove the remaining two mud flaps off the rear, remove the chincy steps and the (I can't tell it's gone) rear swaybar.

#431260 - 11/03/08 03:45 PM Re: Crank up T-bar, then shackles later?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the input guys! You are are of great help.

I understand it is an easy job and takes 15 minutes, but since my friend did it with his trucks(right now he has a Blazer ZR2), I rather have him show me first.

I can't wait, the t-bar crank, bilsteins, shackles...

thanks again

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal