shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43143 - 15/08/06 03:28 PM '06 rear dif allen sizes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm up here in NY, going down to Fl. to visit my Xterra (don't ask), need to know the sizes of the rear differential drain/fill plugs.

The fill is larger than the drain, and I should have taken care of this last visit, but didn't mad

Correct size info greatly appreciated, thanks!

Mike M.

#43144 - 03/12/06 09:28 AM Re: '06 rear dif allen sizes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just did a search for something along these line and noticed this post was unanswered. I changed my oil last night and while I was under there I checked out what sizes the differential oil plugs were. The front differential takes a 10mm allen hex for both drain and fill plugs. The rear differential takes a 14mm hex allen for the fill and a 10mm hex allen for the drain. The transer case has a 10mm allen hex on it for the drain/fill--not sure if the plug I found was for the drain or fill--will look at that one more closely before the job is done.

Hope this helps!

PS The propellar shaft is also quite a bit different than the previous gens--it doesn't look like the other pics posted but that too I will take a close look at later--perhaps even list a pic. I may be looking at the wrong location though. What I found was a plastic piece about 3/4 inch long? Looks like it might pry out with a screw driver but I though I would research this some more before I just started to pry on things...

#43145 - 04/12/06 09:47 PM Re: '06 rear dif allen sizes...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, sorry for the delay [Uh Oh !]

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal