2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#431685 - 29/06/04 05:42 AM enough room?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I was looking at the front Susp of my X the other day because I am planning on putting AAL's and a torsion bar tweak on it. I know everyone keeps saying to make sure there is at least enough room to put your index finger between the bumpstop and the UCA after the crank. Here's the problem...On my drivers side I can't fit my finger through there now and I can barely do it on my passenger side. I just got the X a few months ago (2001) and I know it is stock. Whats going on here...am I missing something?

Tom

#431686 - 29/06/04 07:07 AM Re: enough room?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
So don't adjust your torsion bars, you're already "tweaked" as it is. Not sure if your X is "in spec" as far as ride height, but if it is, it's up near the upper limit.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#431687 - 29/06/04 09:54 AM Re: enough room?
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah...just seems strange...becuse the truck looks level. I don't want to put the 1.5" on the rear and have the truck sloping foward to much.

I'll have to do some more looking to see if the previous owner did any mods (i've only had it a few months)...is there a way to tell if the rear spring pack is different? It only has the 3 springs and the load spring. Or if it has aftermarket shackles? It has the stock shocks.

Tom

#431688 - 29/06/04 02:15 PM Re: enough room?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Spring pack sounds correct, they went to 2 + load for 2002.
The Xterra normally sits nose-down, perhaps the previous owner didn't like that and raised it up level.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#431689 - 29/06/04 02:16 PM Re: enough room?
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by tom church:
yeah...just seems strange...becuse the truck looks level. I don't want to put the 1.5" on the rear and have the truck sloping foward to much.

I'll have to do some more looking to see if the previous owner did any mods (i've only had it a few months)...is there a way to tell if the rear spring pack is different? It only has the 3 springs and the load spring. Or if it has aftermarket shackles? It has the stock shocks.

Tom
If the truck is sitting totally level, than the t-bars are almost most definitly tweaked...a stock, un-tweaked x will have that ass-high "ready to pounce" look to it...

If the leaf right over the overload leaf is substantially shorter than the rest (maybe with a plastic liner in between the leaves), you most likely have a Rancho AAL on there...

DKX01

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal