2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#432448 - 09/03/08 05:51 PM 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 03' Xterra and I want just a little bit more lift on it. I cannot go much higher because I still have to fit it in the garage. But I do go offroading quite a bit and I need it to be dependable. I already put shackles on and a torsion bar crank to give me some lift without bustin' out so much cash. I am looking at this kit.

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop...9341a09582c1124

Worth it or not.

Thanks,
Jeff Brooks

#432449 - 09/03/08 06:28 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

From what every says that kit is not worth it, most people has it says that most of the parts included are not needed for the 2 inch bl. Look on this thread

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=73;t=001772

You can piece together a kit for around $65.

#432450 - 09/03/08 10:41 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

X2 on what he said.

You will really want to measure your clearance on your garage first. I have a PML and a 2" BL on mine with the stock tire size (30.5) and my X is borderline fitting in my buddy's garage. The roof rack was touching the rubber flap on the bottom of his door when I tried to back into it. But he also has an old house so maybe it could just be a unique situation and they build them taller now.

#432451 - 10/03/08 06:55 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I already did measure my garage and it looks like I have around 4 inches to play with. Is that enough? I know its a two inch BL but I will need room for error

#432452 - 10/03/08 08:18 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Then you should be good but keep in mind if you decide to go up in tire size to say a 33", you will really be cutting it close. You might have to deflate the tires to pull in and out of the garage [LOL]

Also keep in mind that mods like sliders, front and rear bumpers and even front skid plates are dependent on whether or not you have a 2" BL. That is, if you bought armor now and THEN did the BL... well you'll be looking at some awkward gaps on your X.

It's just something to keep in mind if you are wanting to get any of that later on.

#432453 - 10/03/08 08:23 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a front guard do you think that will be any problem??

#432454 - 10/03/08 08:28 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's a link to my X. You can look at it and be the judge. Personally I think it makes the b'guard look better. But it's days are numbered. Hoping to pick up a Shrock in the next few months.

http://www.clubxterra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3064

#432455 - 10/03/08 09:09 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see no point in body lifts.

#432456 - 10/03/08 09:12 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing Jeff... you can go now.

#432457 - 10/03/08 09:32 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake N Bama:

Nice "why I hate XOC" circle jerk going on ^^^^ above....

Drake - Bashing other sites and then linking to it on said site?.... give yourself the award you gave Claus on club(man love)Xterra...

Just Sayin.... [Smoking]

#432458 - 10/03/08 09:40 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bpc:
Quote:
Originally posted by Drake N Bama:
[b]

Nice "why I hate XOC" circle jerk going on ^^^^ above....

Drake - Bashing other sites and then linking to it on said site?.... give yourself the award you gave Claus on club(man love)Xterra...

Just Sayin.... [Smoking] [/b]
First off... thanks for reinforcing my point.

And second of all, I didn't give Claus an award. I was going to at one point but after another XOC member lashed out at him, I saw no need in keeping the bashing going. Unlike some who like to continue to debate every post someone makes. We are all sorry we weren't blessed with the extensive Xterra knowledge that all of you possess.

Never realized there was some underlying feud between the XOC and CX. I guess I'll just stay on the fence and POST WHEREEVER THE FUCK I WANT TO!

#432459 - 10/03/08 09:52 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know what... let me just go ahead and apologize right now before this or myself gets out of hand.

Jeff...my bad man. What I said was uncalled for. And BPC... sorry for the retort. Today has been a very bad day and I guess something just rubbed me the wrong way and I vented where I shouldn't have.

So rip me a new one if you wish. I'm calling it quits on this one.

#432460 - 11/03/08 05:34 AM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you have the money to have someone put a SAS on your truck for you... yes a BL is pointless.

If you don't and want to fit bigger tires on your X. A BL is absolutely necessary ! Also helps protect the body on approach and departure.

#432461 - 11/03/08 06:47 AM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
If you have the money to have someone put a SAS on your truck for you... yes a BL is pointless.

If you don't and want to fit bigger tires on your
X. A BL is absolutely necessary ! Also helps protect
the body on approach and departure.
Wow. You sure act like you know me.

You have no clue what it took to get my X where
it is now.

I collected parts for three years and researched
extensively, so I knew exactly what I wanted. I'll
be the first to admit that I don't weld. In order
to do it right, I had to hire somebody. Since the
job was done "my way" I'm running 35s without a BL
And without removing 1mm of trimwork. I plan on
removing the trimwork when I buy my 37s.

Whatever. 'nuff said about my junk.

I've always disliked body lifts. My reco is forgo
the body lift and put the money towards sliders or
a gas tank skid.

Good luck.

#432462 - 11/03/08 07:44 AM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wasn't trying to be an ass.... just saying, for people wanting to run 33's without alot of trimming a BL is the solution... I agree 100% sliders are a must! But I decided to wait and get the 2"BL style sliders.... if the body is lifted up of the frame, the frame will hit first unless you are WAY off camber.

#432463 - 11/03/08 09:59 AM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I appreciate the help but right now I do not have the money for a SAS. I do want to run 33's. Thanks drake for the pictures there is really no difference to me. Personally I think that it makes the front guard look a little better.

#432464 - 11/03/08 10:40 AM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree as well. It looks like it fits better. It is no issue really with the BL and the b'guard although your clearances with the top of the guard and your front grill are a bit tighter. About a finger's width gap.

It's good to have a couple of friends to help and if they are handy with tools, you can delegate a few tasks to them which will speed up the install. The rear bumper is going to give you most trouble and as you can see in my pics I had to notch my rear bumper to fit over the frame rails but it can be done (if you have to that is) with a hacksaw with no problems.

#432465 - 12/03/08 05:46 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
I wasn't trying to be an ass.... just saying, for people wanting to run 33's without alot of trimming....
Fair enough. However, I believe that mods should be for wheelability and a body lift doesn't do much for you. That is why I saved my parts and money for the "direction" I wanted to take my X.

If you are 100% sure that you are absolutely never going to SAS, I could see doing the body lift to clear the maximum tires.

#432466 - 13/03/08 09:43 PM Re: 2 inch BL worth it?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Body lift will give you extra wheel clearance a suspension lift alone will not. I for one have put a body lift on all my Nissan's and the extra clearance does help in wheelin...less dragging front and rear, better fitting for the 32's. No I am not interested in SAS and the expense, the IFS works fine with the mods available out there for it. A lot of it depends what type of wheelin you want to do. You can buy the separate parts and the 2" lift will be around $70 and a little fabrication of bumper brackets.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal