2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#432512 - 14/05/01 12:42 PM Re: 3" Lift Accountability
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by FSRBIKER:
As an experienced off roader and owner of the company I chose to go pretty radical with my lift, some obvious reasons are that I want to explore the limits of the Xterra,

After a solid axle swap, new ring and pinions, new hubs, new axles, is it still an Xterra ?

Regardless of what chassis you start with, enough money will remove any limits.

Give me an Xterra, $25,000 and 3 months, and I could finish in the top 3 at the Warn Rock Crawling Championships. Of course it wouldn't be an Xterra anymore

------------------
Regards,
Ian

#432513 - 14/05/01 01:30 PM Re: 3" Lift Accountability
FSRBIKER Offline

Loc: Oak Ridge, NJ
Me too...but the swap is not costing nearly that much...and if all goes as planned a kit will be made available from the basic to everything including the front axle. My other suspension design will retain the stock IFS but remove/alter several limiting factors in it's design. And yes even with a solid swap it is still an Xterra but the main limiting offroad part is being changed, that's all...the other changes can be made with any X so what are you getting at..you yourself have already swapped hubs and the ring and pinion change will give you your power back?

------------------

[This message has been edited by FSRBIKER (edited 05-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by FSRBIKER (edited 05-14-2001).]
EOE...Opening Soon!

#432514 - 14/05/01 07:51 PM Re: 3" Lift Accountability
an1malch1n Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
FSR

A few questions for you...

Since you are the owner of EOE how soon do you guys intend on making the longer wheelbase rocksliderz??

I am assuming you guys are going with the 76/77 Ford Bronco Dana 44 axle??? Are you also going to retro fit Chevy lug pattern in order to keep the 6 lug pattern. Also are you looking to use coil springs with a 4 inch lift 3 body and 1-2 tires??? Will this kit also be availble for other types of Nissan's(Since they are relatively the same frame and components throughout the years)

What type of suspension are you looking at the Rancho lift. May I suggest the Fox coil-over shocks with the remote resivoir? Since you are going crazy with lifts why not use the old path 4 link and ditch those stupid leaf under the axle(although I do realize that a substantial amount of lift can be obtained by doing a leaf over).

Sorry so many questions but I would probably be one of the few interested in a "kit" like the one you are talking about.
That's assuming from reading these last posts what you are going to do.

Also are you EOE-TVA or X wired on another board or is that somebody else??

Again sorry for the long post and if you would rather drop me an email, I would be interested.

Later

Brian

------------------

#432515 - 15/05/01 06:21 AM Re: 3" Lift Accountability
FSRBIKER Offline

I actually have a slider cut to length for the Frontier CC or King Cab, the problem I am having is finding a local owner to come by so I can make sure of the measurements of the bolt holes. I know first hand the differences between Xterra's since the frame is sectioned in the middle of the truck and want to make sure the Frontier sliders are a simple bolt up procedure. Once someone comes by I can weld the first set and make my jigs and drawings from it. If you know Jimbo from the 4x4parts board please get him in touch with me...he was interested a while ago in helping out but I can't find his e-mail address...or any other Frontier owner that is willing to come by my shop in Newton, NJ...or even my house in Rockaway, NJ.

Well I guess the secret is out...I am using a Dana 44 from a 72 Bronco and have Wild Horses 5.5" lift coils...the actual lift depends on where we weld the spring towers on though. I don't plan on using a body lift but I will be running 35's so I might need a 1" body lift...this we will determine after the suspension is in and we start to flex it. The front is being converted using Chevy parts to a 6 lug pattern with disc brakes...my other option was(is) to get rear axle shafts made with a 5 on 5.5 pattern to match the front and just use a Bronco disc conversion kit...the benefit of this is your rim choices are now ten fold. I am looking into that possibility but that all depends on how much my supplier will charge for axle shafts...I am looking to make the kit as affordable as possible. The second conversion we will be doing will be to a first generation Pathfinder so yes the kit will be available for other Nissan models. Shocks are an important part of the lift, more than likely we will be using Sway Away Race Runner shocks once we determine the correct length needed for full flex. For my truck(then into production after extensive testing) I will eventually design a four link coil set up in the rear for even more flex but at first it will be a spring over axle set up.

For those who do not wish to go to a solid axle up front there will be the EOE IFS suspension lift which is being designed to accomodate 33" tires. We are making a Nissan Xterra/Frontier mock frame and will be installing my IFS suspension onto it and from there we will work to eliminate/lessen some of the limiting factors of IFS. We know exactly what we want to do and having the mock frame and suspension to install it on will be a great benefit to help us see up close what needs to be improved after we install each piece. Our goal for EOE is not to be as big as Rancho, Trailmaster, etc.(though it would be nice) but to design and build suspension systems and products for those serious about going 4 wheeling not just for looks. The IFS suspension systems out there are not bad but they don't address certain limiting factors, whether that is because of cost or more than likely they feel we don't need any more flex as most people that buy them don't really go offroad that often if ever..just how many new lifted trucks do see that are muddy?

EOE-TVA and X-Wired is my partner Todd, if you noticed he is full of information and you might have noticed he is also very concerned about the 4 wheelers image...we both have seen some of our local trails shut down despite the clubs in our area helping to improve that image and work with local land management authorities to prevent this. I always go by FSRBIKER on all the boards...whether they are Nissan, Toyota, Jeep, etc. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask, everyone please be patient when e-mailing us as we both are very busy and but will answer all questions...I am sure most of us have experienced this with SLR, 4x4parts and all other makers of parts as well but I am sure they are busy as well and don't ever blow some one off on purpose.
------------------

[This message has been edited by FSRBIKER (edited 05-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by FSRBIKER (edited 05-15-2001).]
EOE...Opening Soon!

#432516 - 15/05/01 02:17 PM Re: 3" Lift Accountability
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Well I am looking forward to seeing both of them.

My only question is in regards to the limiting factor on IFS. That would basically be CV joint angles. Are you doing a u-joint replacement like Downey ?

------------------
Regards,
Ian

[This message has been edited by xoc (edited 05-15-2001).]

#432517 - 15/05/01 05:29 PM Re: 3" Lift Accountability
an1malch1n Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
FSR

Thanks for the quick response! The only reason I supplied all the info that I know is that I have been trying to gather info for doing a swap myself but everytime I bring it up at a 4wheel place I get laughed at for 2 reasons. 1st I own a Nissan 2nd I want to spend money on a Nissan. So needless to say I grow tired of these places around here. Most of my info comes from "Frankenfinder". I am sure that you are aware of whom I am talking about.
If you would like I could take measurements of my HB Kcab (I know that it is probably difficult without it being there but if you need it I would be glad to help)
Sorry for not posting X info. I was going to get one but with my truck being mine in 6 months I would rather just keep it and save money to make it more off-road worthy. I guess I will wait to buy one used after my truck is worn out.

BTW I know what you mean by people jacking their rigs up just to look cool. Good luck on your project and post pics.
Also any estimated time on when you might start making your kits available?
I haven't seen Jimbo since the board went down but I will look out for him and let him know.

About the IFS lift are you looking at the Porsche cv joints?? I heard those can exceed some pretty mean angles.

Later.

------------------

#432518 - 18/05/01 11:22 AM Re: 3" Lift Accountability
FSRBIKER Offline

Todd A. has the measurements for the HB's already for the sliders, what I need is a Frontier unless someone wants them as weld ons then i have no problem making someone a set. I know what you mean about people wondering why we are modifying Nissan's, we are out to prove to them that Nissan's can be serious trail rigs.

There are more than just CV angles as limiting factors for IFS suspensions, we will address them all and when we install the first kit and show the results everyone will be really surprised at what we have come up with. Downey has done some great things for the Toyota IFS and we plan on doing the same for Nissan's.

------------------
EOE...Opening Soon!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal