2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#432767 - 08/04/04 08:04 AM What would you do (lift related)?
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I've read through all the older post and the many good comments..Here's my situation.I have the Calmini AAL's already installed and I am going to buy the rest of the 3" lift componants...I'm gonna get the Calmini UCA's and steering system but what I wanna know is should I buy the whole Calmini 3' kit(which my friend wants to buy the AAL's that come with the kit) or should I buy the lift piece by piece this way I can get bilsteins?

also another question if people say piece it together.Should I get the Calmini torsion bar or the Nismo one?

#432768 - 08/04/04 09:41 AM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you can get away with just buying the UCA's and shackles. (and shocks)

Then use the rest of the money to buy the steering system....

Todd-
You have the "bastard" lift kit (as you call it); tell this guy what his options are.

#432769 - 08/04/04 09:54 AM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought I read somewhere that Calmini was going to soon offer Blistens with their lift. I may be wrong but I think I read that somewhere.

#432770 - 08/04/04 11:15 AM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I ordered the 3" lift via Calmini A-Arms, Shackles, discos, AAL and steering upgrade ...but got the SLR Bilsteins and 300M T-Bars.

I did a 2" BL, so I didn't need the bumpstop extensions for the 33's, and the disco's substitute for the rear sway extensions.

So - You can mix and match at will.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#432771 - 08/04/04 02:10 PM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by XT:
I thought I read somewhere that Calmini was going to soon offer Blistens with their lift. I may be wrong but I think I read that somewhere.
I read that also and contacted them recently and this is what they said..
"We will be offering Bilstein shocks with out suspension kits in the near future. Once available, they will be added to the website. Please call the sales office if you have any other questions. Thank you for your interest in the CALMINI Nissan line. Awaiting your call."

So I think I'll contact them and see what's the price difference is gonna be or should I order them somewhere that has them cheaper..

#432772 - 08/04/04 03:02 PM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
BMX Offline

Loc: Ames, IA
I don't think the have the Bilstein option yet. I would get them somewhere else. The UCA's, Shackles and Steering from Calmini... You can get away without T-bars for a while.

#432773 - 10/04/04 10:59 PM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Piece together the lift. You already have the AAL so there's no point in getting it again.

Before there was even talk of Calmini including Bilsteins, I just pieced together my lift kit and ordered the shocks from Bilstein. The price doesn't really get affected either.

#432774 - 11/04/04 12:33 AM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
I have Calmini arms and steering, AOR leaf springs, SLR shackles and torsion bars and Bilstein shocks. Buy what you think works. All Calmini isn't a bad way to go, I just started lifting before all their stuff was on the market.

#432775 - 11/04/04 06:41 AM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
I think that I was mentioned earlier as having a 'bastard lift'.

I initially bought the SLR stage 2 (minus torsion bars). From that lift, the dif drop remains and the longer shackle. I replaced the early UCA's and had the National spring pack sag and then break due to undersizing. I paid a furtune in shipping to get a replacement spring pack. (Basically I got charged for the springs in a overstated shipping charge).

I watched a number of trucks this year at goneMOAB and saw a few that I think are built well. Check out Carlton's listing of mods. I still would like to replace my torsion bars, but have to decide which type to purchase.

I have the stiffer Bilsteins and would not suggest them unless you are purchasing the bumpers really soon. I think the stock torsion bars and stiffer shocks contribute to my 'bounciness'.

The benefit of the Calmini kit is that you should get all the parts within a short time. My SLR took two month's to arrive, part by part. This is a pain having been charged for everything, but not being able to install the lift.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#432776 - 11/04/04 10:02 AM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
dano Offline

Loc: Ridgefield Park, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
I ordered the 3" lift via Calmini A-Arms, Shackles, discos, AAL and steering upgrade ...but got the SLR Bilsteins and 300M T-Bars.

I did a 2" BL, so I didn't need the bumpstop extensions for the 33's, and the disco's substitute for the rear sway extensions.

So - You can mix and match at will.

laugh
You better start showing up if you're sporting all that stuff laugh
But the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

#432777 - 11/04/04 03:24 PM Re: What would you do (lift related)?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Dano -

The key word, so far, is ordered. laugh

Now I'm waiting for stuff to arrive.

I have a winch, and nothing to mount it to for example...and I'm waiting on the rear bumper carrier to have room to replace the balding current tires...and, after stuff's in, the install time is short...I'm also re-building my house (Tornado and flood damage, termite buffett, and a few other collateral issues.) So my garage is full of furniture and other stuff that used to be in the house, etc. The drive way/sidewalk/lawn is torn up where the sewer pipe under it burst, etc. frown

I plan to install stuff as it arrives, as long as it won't complicate other installs...like the 2" BL has to go on before the Sliders, because they won't mount w/o the BL, etc. (Ordered sliders for the 2" BL....) ...Skids will go on after suspension, etc.

I figure by the end of summer or so I should be caught up...and have time to froad again.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal