2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433750 - 17/01/08 06:01 PM Shocks in 0 degree temperature
Anonymous
Unregistered

Today on my way home it was 0 degrees F and the first few miles my X felt like I had an unbalanced tire ( I just got my tires balanced) so I threw that out of the equation then I thought it felt like a right side tire (front or rear) was hopping up and down. A few miles down the road it stopped. I have the stock shocks on my 03 X and was wondering if anyone might have suggesstions as to what is goign on? I think because of the cold temps my shocks could be that cold and it took a few miles for the oil (if thats whats in them) to warm up. As a side note the truck sat at work for about 12 hours (what a long day).

#433751 - 17/01/08 06:51 PM Re: Shocks in 0 degree temperature
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tires can get a flat spot on them when the temp is that low. They might wobble for a little bit and feel like an unbalanced tire but that will go away. I will get that every once in a while when the temps dip low. Should be nothing to worry about.

#433752 - 17/01/08 06:52 PM Re: Shocks in 0 degree temperature
Anonymous
Unregistered

well it seems like your tires got flat spots. it takes awhile to warm up the rubber and air inside. it happens with the airplanes when we leave them overnight somewhere cold.

#433753 - 17/01/08 07:02 PM Re: Shocks in 0 degree temperature
Anonymous
Unregistered

ah ha! I was just looking this up online I believe both of you are right thank you!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal