shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433805 - 13/09/04 10:57 AM Shackles and AAL's in back with nothing in front?
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Have a little(read: $200) to spend on the X currently...already have sliders, shackles, onboard air, loadwarrior, tire carrier, seat covers, etc......

Is it possible to have BOTH the shackles and AAL's installed without replacing the control arms in the front and just a small torsion tweak? Or is the combination of both the shackles and AAL's gonna raise the back of the X WAAYYY too much? Just asking cause AAL's are a pretty cheap mod that I will need at some point...

#433806 - 13/09/04 11:05 AM Re: Shackles and AAL's in back with nothing in front?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure it's possible, but it may look stupid. You can go 1" or maybe 1.5" up front w/ just a TT. The combination of shackles and AAL's will lift the back 3-4" (depending the combination of parts you use).

If it were me I'd just get one of them for now. Buy the other when you have the money for the new UCAs. You should also consider adding Bilstiens to your mod list in the future.

#433807 - 13/09/04 11:37 AM Re: Shackles and AAL's in back with nothing in front?
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Sure it's possible, but it may look stupid. You can go 1" or maybe 1.5" up front w/ just a TT. The combination of shackles and AAL's will lift the back 3-4" (depending the combination of parts you use).

If it were me I'd just get one of them for now. Buy the other when you have the money for the new UCAs. You should also consider adding Bilstiens to your mod list in the future.
OK...I guess I'll wait on that for now...I already have the shackles on there and I dont have the coin at the moment for the UCA's....I wouldnt mind the Bilsteins but dont want to buy the regular length ones now and then in a year have to go back out and buy the extended travel ones when I get the UCA's and lift it 3"'s...

#433808 - 13/09/04 11:45 AM Re: Shackles and AAL's in back with nothing in front?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about an exhaust? You can get one of those installed for less than $200. Maybe a Nissan rear cargo mat? Those are nice too.

You don't want mod money to go to waste.

#433809 - 13/09/04 12:01 PM Re: Shackles and AAL's in back with nothing in front?
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
How about an exhaust? You can get one of those installed for less than $200. Maybe a Nissan rear cargo mat? Those are nice too.

You don't want mod money to go to waste.
smile Sorry...got the Gibson SS exhaust already in there...mmmm...How bout going with the Calmini Torsion bars? I am planning on getting an ARB or Shrockworks in the future....That sound like a solid choice? Or would some sort of skid plate be better? Or losing weight by replacing the hood or fenders with fiberglass parts??

#433810 - 13/09/04 12:19 PM Re: Shackles and AAL's in back with nothing in front?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I'd do a skid plate or so...or just save the money, and add it to other money...so you can get all the stuff.

smile

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal