shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#434641 - 04/10/02 08:52 AM alignment issues
greggovader Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
In advance, I have searched on this subject and found lots of info, just not anything very specific to my situation so here goes.

My truck is pulling to the right. I took it in to the dealership and asked them to check the alignment and fix what needed to be fixed. Its only got 4000 miles on it so this would be under warranty. They told me that they cross-rotated the tires and that should fix the problem. Well it didn't. Truck still seems to pull when driving and braking.

Two things that make my situation unique. The service guy asked me if those were the original tires cause they had some unusual wear on the outside. They are the original BF Goodrich tires and I did notice the wear on the outside of the front tires. This wear is not on the rear tires. Pulling to the right and unusual wear on the outer rim of the tire. Doesn't that sound like its out of alignment? Wondering if they just didn't want to do the alignment and used the "quick fix" method. Should take it back and insist that it be done?

#434642 - 04/10/02 10:31 AM Re: alignment issues
Silent Thunder Offline

Loc: 297 feet up (Los Angeles)
Man, I've had the worst problems with my alignment. (See Problems Forum.)

Yes, get an alignment. Be sure to ask for a print out of the alignment (spec sheet). That way you know it's been done.

Good luck.

#434643 - 05/10/02 08:34 AM Re: alignment issues
Gster Offline

Loc: Cypress, California
My X is not pulling to either side but I am noticing unusual wear. The F/L is wearing on the inside outer edge and the F/R is wearing on the outside outer edge. If the tire is under infated you can get wear on both outer edges with the center tread being fine. Never seen this kind of wear before. It appears the wear is at least 70% of the tread. I need to get the alignment checked and tires rotated ASAP, will post results.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal