shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437450 - 23/12/06 04:46 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
YEAH!

Boycott. That's what I would do.

Well. I should be able to offer full disclosure in about a week.......or so. laugh

#437451 - 23/12/06 05:37 PM Re: People Get Ready!
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Hmmm....a week or so from now...that happens to coincide with the same time period that Robby Gordon's contract with Red Bull runs out and he can "officially" announce his signing with Monster....so that could be it too...you shelling softdrinks for Monster and RG now?

#437452 - 23/12/06 08:03 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

No.

Not RG.

Shilling? Energy drinks?

Not yet wink

#437453 - 24/12/06 07:40 AM Re: People Get Ready!
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunx:
No.

Not RG.

Shilling? Energy drinks?

Not yet wink
Hmmm...Red Bull for the McMillan's?

#437454 - 28/12/06 06:43 AM Re: People Get Ready!
spalind Offline

So now that RG has officially announced that he and all his related teams are "Monster" sponsored (along with Andy Grider his co-dog, and Alan Pfluger continuing his Monster sponsorship as well...) do YOU have anything to announce Socal?

#437455 - 29/12/06 01:47 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, do you? [Huh?]

#437456 - 29/12/06 03:02 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

C'mon, give it up!

#437457 - 29/12/06 09:28 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

Three things happened today.

1. I gave notice that I was going to be leaving a company that I have been with for over 11 years. It was actually very emotional. I loved my job. I was hooked up and had a huge client base. For those that don't know, I was in multi-level corporate entertainment. My life was preparing , marketing, promoting. selling, procuring and the executing a variety of national and international incentive and marketing programs for executives and corporations. This included the World Cup, Olympics, multiple Superbowls, World Series', Final Fours, Masters, and any other event that people might attend both large and small.

And I walked away.......

2. I had to go shopping. I either own VERY casual casual wear or suits. "Business casual" is a new concept for me and I realized that I don't own much that would fit that description.

3. I went and spoke to my new boss and the list of tasks that are ahead of me in my new job is continuing to grow.

The nice thing is, that my expereince of buying, selling, promoting and marketing at the level I have worked will only serve to benefit me and my employer in the very near future. wink

#437458 - 29/12/06 10:48 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damnit, you suck...speak!

#437459 - 30/12/06 09:51 AM Re: People Get Ready!
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
So you’re trading in the flip-flops and board shorts for some hard shoes and slacks. Promoting/selling corporate products for the man?

That’s cool if it gets you closer to what you like to do?

#437460 - 30/12/06 12:14 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

Brian,

It looks like khakis and polos will be the new wardrobe. laugh Can't let perspective clients see the ink when I'm shilling for the man. laugh

A lot of aspects of my business have changed. I am a face to face guy. I have but one voice. laugh And I use it constanly. That's what I do. In the past few years a lot of regular customers in my business have ditched the old way of doing business and are turning to the internet for their entertainment and tickets. Uploading inventory to Tickets Now, Stubhub and eBay, while profitible, isn't much fun. While it's great for moving inventory, I'm bored. I am not an order taker or processor, I'm a sales guy.

So I have had to focus my efforts more towards corporations with expense accounts and promotional budgets and market, plan and execute larger events while still working with a hand full of customers and their day to day needs. But with Ticketmaster auctions and all the other online crap, loyalty and customer interaction is falling by the wayside.

To be honest, if this option had not appeared I would probably be stay here and be happy doing it. But a rare chance came up with one of the few teams with the resources and the profile to take on a guy to do a lot of things that they were either doing themselves or were not being done at all. It is also interesting how the skils that I have developed will greatly help me in moving to this new arena. I see a lot of potential that isn't being maxamized in off-road racing and I am going to have a chance to help it grow through this new career.

This really is going to be a great chance to put my stamp on not only one team but the sport itself.

#437461 - 30/12/06 02:00 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, so I did'nt boycott the thread. I've still been watching from a distance.

Sounds like you have landed a good spot for yourself. CONGRADS!!!!

Keep us informed.

#437462 - 30/12/06 03:31 PM Re: People Get Ready!
spalind Offline

Well??? What team?!?!?

#437463 - 30/12/06 08:18 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good for you P. Good luck [ThumbsUp]

#437464 - 02/01/07 01:25 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

Damn!

It's bizarre leaving something after 11 years. I feel like I'm getting divorced from a really hot chick that I still really like a lot to start dating an even hotter one that is even cooler. It's very strange.

Eveyone at my new job to be has been really cool and very welcoming and it's very frustrating having to wait to start executing the ideas that I want to start putting into motion.

#437465 - 02/01/07 01:38 PM Re: People Get Ready!
spalind Offline

Quote:
Damn!

It's bizarre leaving something after 11 years. I feel like I'm getting divorced from a really hot chick that I still really like a lot to start dating an even hotter one that is even cooler. It's very strange.

Eveyone at my new job to be has been really cool and very welcoming and it's very frustrating having to wait to start executing the ideas that I want to start putting into motion.
OK...OK already...give it up!!

#437466 - 02/01/07 01:46 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

If you do guess or are able to connect the dots prior to an actual announcemnt or any press release, I just ask that you give me the courtesy of keeping it to yourself until an official announcement has been made. laugh

I just figured you guys would appreciate this since you are fans and such and felt comfortable talking about it to this degree since this is not really a racing or desert focused board.

Thanks.

#437467 - 02/01/07 02:01 PM Re: People Get Ready!
spalind Offline

Quote:
If you do guess or are able to connect the dots prior to an actual announcemnt or any press release, I just ask that you give me the courtesy of keeping it to yourself until an official announcement has been made. laugh

I just figured you guys would appreciate this since you are fans and such and felt comfortable talking about it to this degree since this is not really a racing or desert focused board.

Thanks.
Well, I have no clue (gee...shocker there...) so let me know at least when we can expect some sort of official unveiling...

#437468 - 02/01/07 02:43 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
[b]If you do guess or are able to connect the dots prior to an actual announcemnt or any press release, I just ask that you give me the courtesy of keeping it to yourself until an official announcement has been made. laugh

Thanks.
Well, I have no clue (gee...shocker there...) so let me know at least when we can expect some sort of official unveiling...[/b]
Ditto

#437469 - 11/01/07 12:12 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

There should be a small press release out in the next couple of days or so. I promise it will appear here first. laugh

I've spent the last week laying in bed staring at the ceiling and considering the future. I'm pretty damn excited.

#437470 - 11/01/07 12:26 PM Re: People Get Ready!
spalind Offline

Quote:
There should be a small press release out in the next couple of days or so. I promise it will appear here first. laugh

I've spent the last week laying in bed staring at the ceiling and considering the future. I'm pretty damn excited.
OK....I am waiting with baited breath...and it better be offroad racing related seeing as this thread is in the "Racing and Other Events" forum!!!

#437471 - 15/01/07 03:01 PM Re: People Get Ready!
socalpunx Offline

Baldwin Racing Welcomes New Sponsorship/Marketing Coordinator

For immediate release

Newport Beach, Calif. - Baldwin Racing is pleased to announce that Patrick Wagenbrenner has joined the team as sponsorship and marketing coordinator.
“There are new exciting things happening here at Baldwin Racing and Patrick is going to be a key player on this team’s road to success” said driver Josh Baldwin

The skills Patrick brings to Baldwin Racing were developed during a lengthy tenure involved in the marketing, sales and coordination of a variety of multi level corporate programs revolving around major sporting events such as The Olympics, Super bowl, World Series and Soccer's World Cup. "Championship Off Road Racing is the most exciting sport in the world and with the exciting new schedule, I am looking forward to the responsibility of promoting one of the premier teams to potential marketing partners," said Patrick, a long time off road racing fan.

He continued, “I am both honored and extremely excited to be working with a family and a team that has made such an incredible impact in both the desert and short course racing community. My family and I are very fortunate that I have the amazing opportunity to be able to pursue a career doing something I love.”

The entire Baldwin Racing Team is currently working on final preparations for Trophy Truck driver Josh Baldwin’s assault on the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge. Having drawn first position off the line, Josh and his #86 Ford looks to be the man to beat in the fiercely competitive SCORE Trophy Truck field. For this event Josh will also debut the team’s state of the art Jimco Class 1 Unlimited race car.

Look for Josh, Patrick and the entire Baldwin Racing Team in pit row at the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge.

Media inquiries please contact
Patrick Wagenbrenner –
Patrick@Baldwinracing.net

#437472 - 15/01/07 03:14 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet. Congrats.

Need an experienced PR/media relations guy on your team?

#437473 - 15/01/07 03:19 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] Congratz!!!

#437474 - 15/01/07 03:19 PM Re: People Get Ready!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy crap! That's awesome Patrick! Congratulations, you will have a blast. If the team needs an IT guy, let me know laugh

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal