shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437522 - 30/08/06 07:07 PM Excellent Xterraracer news!!
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
To quote from the man himself (Dave Blakely)....he has been speaking to Nissan directly after this most recent race and Nissan has recommitted to him their support for his team and pledged even more support to make sure that he is on an even playing field with the other competitors in his class...

Additionally, though the rear of his X is badly damged from its encounter with a large class 3000 Cherokee, the engine is still running strong and 4WD is still fully operational....The problem appears to be that '05 X's need a constant power supply and that if this is cut it loses the preset throttle, air metering and other preset points...the computer then allows the vehicle to travel approximately 15-20 miles and then enters "limp mode"

This should be worked out by this weekend when Xterraracer enters the X in its next event.....He will be running it in the "sportsman" class as a test run more or less with full pit stops and race speeds but with more of an emphasis on working the bugs out of the truck than running to win...This is all part of working with an entirely new vehicle that has never had any history of racing before...Be sure to check back here often for more updates!!!!

#437523 - 30/08/06 07:36 PM Re: Excellent Xterraracer news!!
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
While sad to hear the rear of Dave's X was damaged, it's excellent news to hear Nissan is going to continue backing him.

Keep us updated Spalind

#437524 - 31/08/06 07:44 AM Re: Excellent Xterraracer news!!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Good to hear.. [ThumbsUp]

#437525 - 31/08/06 07:54 AM Re: Excellent Xterraracer news!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#437526 - 31/08/06 08:39 PM Re: Excellent Xterraracer news!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for covering this for me Spalind!

I am still working the clock at both ends. The most rest I have been able to get was while at the race in Reno.

The X is at Cobb's shop getting some tweeking done on the factory ECU. It happens to be a race weekend for them too. Trey Cobb is still trying to work us in, so we can make the Wendover race on Saturday.

By the way, the 4 wheel drive problem ended up being the front end. It has broken hard parts inside, I will just replace the whole unit. If I race this weekend I plan to run 2wd and just get run time testing done.

Keep up filling in for me, I still going to be busy for the next few weeks, Thanks!!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal