2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437569 - 19/01/07 06:32 AM Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
First SCORE event of the season...lots of big time racers at this event--Alan Pfleuger, Andy McMillan, Jesse James (yes, that Jesse James), Carl Renezeder, and on and on...and I think our own Socalpunx should be at this event with his team as well!! You can see coverage of the event along with last nights "Laughlin Leap" (an event with a $16,000 top price) for those who can jump their trucks the farthest at this address which has TONS of great video and interviews... Laughlin

#437570 - 19/01/07 07:27 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The site made IE go boom!

Time to try FF

#437571 - 19/01/07 08:04 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
The site made IE go boom!

Time to try FF
Really?? I'm using IE here at "work" and it ran fine....

#437572 - 19/01/07 09:55 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, FF worked just fine, so who knows laugh

#437573 - 19/01/07 05:14 PM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unreal coverage! I cant even imagine it being only a 6 mile coarse, been 13 miles for years. I looked at the coarse and they cut out some of the best stuff, hope it still has the same attraction. The freeloader hill wont be the spot this year! The cars dont run accross the bottom now, although you will be able to see the whole coarse from the hill. It just won't be up close at all. They also did away with the 130mph pit row exit to the desert. I guess it will be safer with this lay out.

#437574 - 19/01/07 06:05 PM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
spalind Offline

And for those of you who want to learn more about offroad racing...you can see probly the fastest rising star in offroad racing--Andy McMillin who won the Baja 1000 two months ago with Robby Gordon and now is fielding his own team with his father here: Andy McMillin Laughlin interview

and yeah Dave, in this interview you they talk about the course and say its really short and flat now...more like a CORR track built for high speeds rather than a technical course....

#437575 - 20/01/07 02:49 PM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
spalind Offline

Great coverage from today's Laughlin race so far...go to the videos for Saturday and the "sportsman" class coverage has video of some of our competitors in BITD races including the Hummers...
Laughlin video race coverage--nearly LIVE!!

#437576 - 21/01/07 08:39 PM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
The Class 1 was working great and Josh was really flying. The Jimco had a great debut and he really enjoyed driving it. Along with being a great car, we have an amazing crew. The flat on the last lap while leading the race on the course and picking up quite a bit of time towards the class lead was tough. But that's racing. Ultimately though, he loved the car and we're probably going to be seeing more of it.

With a sixth in TT and a fourth in Class 1, it was a pretty good weekend.

Look for a full race report in the next couple of days or so.

Patrick

Anyone who happened to get great pics of the 1 or the TT please send an e-mail to me at (edited for spam) p atrick@baldwinracing.net

Thank you.

#437577 - 22/01/07 05:37 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunx:
The Class 1 was working great and Josh was really flying. The Jimco had a great debut and he really enjoyed driving it. Along with being a great car, we have an amazing crew. The flat on the last lap while leading the race on the course and picking up quite a bit of time towards the class lead was tough. But that's racing. Ultimately though, he loved the car and we're probably going to be seeing more of it.

With a sixth in TT and a fourth in Class 1, it was a pretty good weekend.

Look for a full race report in the next couple of days or so.

Patrick

Anyone who happened to get great pics of the 1 or the TT please send an e-mail to me at (edited for spam) p atrick@baldwinracing.net

Thank you.
What are the truck #'s Patrick?

#437578 - 22/01/07 08:34 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
socalpunx Offline

TT#86
CL1#144

#437579 - 23/01/07 06:40 PM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
socalpunx Offline

Josh Baldwin Pulls Double Duty in Laughlin

Baldwin Races Class One and Trophy Truck at SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge

The 2007 off road racing season is upon us and Baldwin Racing is off to a solid start. With driver Josh Baldwin campaigning the team’s # 86 Trophy Truck and the newly built Jimco Class One, the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge was a busy event for both driver and pit crew. “We pulled double duty this weekend in the one car and the Trophy Truck,” stated Baldwin on Sunday afternoon. Structured as a two day event, the SCORE Laughlin Desert Challenge is a short track style desert off road race located in Southern Nevada.

The weekend started off strong as Baldwin took second while flying to a distance of 123 feet on Thursday evening in the famed Laughlin Leap in the high horsepower Jimco Class One.

Saturday’s race action:

Trophy Truck

Saturday morning saw Josh Baldwin and his #86 Ford starting first off the line in a field that featured 31 Trophy Trucks. Baldwin unfortunately lost the hole-shot but was able to quickly work his way through the infield section. As he was headed toward the desert portion of the course he had contact with another vehicle which resulted in a cut tire. After a making his way to his pit crew, a quick 58 second hot pit tire change put him back on the track and up to speed.

Baldwin was able to get back into his rhythm and the # 86 Ford performed flawlessly as he continued his assault on the short but difficult course. “The course was extremely technical which made line selection critical. My experience in CORR (Championship Off Road Racing) really paid off this weekend,” stated Baldwin who also campaigns a Pro 4™ (all wheel drive full size) truck in CORR (a closed course off road racing series that combines technical wheel to wheel truck racing action with spectator friendly venues).

In completing his six laps Baldwin had roared back to a 7th place finish for the day and just 2:25 back of the first place vehicle with an average speed of 45.91mph. Of the 31 trucks that took the green flag, just 20 completed the course. By virtue of finishing in the top 10 Baldwin would be included in the drawing for the top starting position on Sunday.

Class One Unlimited

Facing a rear start in a competitive field of 46 Unlimited cars, the odds were stacked against Baldwin for a top finish. Having just battled in his #86 Trophy Truck, Baldwin and co-driver Brent Bauman immediately buckled into the team’s Patton powered #144 Jimco. Having 6 laps under his belt from his Trophy Truck race, Josh looked to use that knowledge to have a successful run in his first Class One race in eight years.

Taking the starting line Josh settled into a pace that saw him making pass after pass on the course. With the Jimco working fantastically right out of the box and Baldwin feeling extremely comfortable, he set his sights on the class leaders. By the time the dust settled Baldwin had roared ahead from a 44th to a 6th place finish in the class with a blistering speed of 42.7mph and just three minutes back of the first place car.

Sunday’s race action:

Trophy Truck

Motivated by his previous day’s results and drawing a 5th place start Baldwin had his sights set on the class leaders. Upon the completion of lap one Josh was amongst the fastest drivers. With consistent lap times it was evident that running two classes the previous day provided Josh with an edge. “Running both classes yesterday really helped with my lines today.” Unfortunately on lap four while in a right handed high speed drift the # 86 Ford suffered a left rear flat tire. “We were laid into a right hander when I felt the tire go away. We got the truck to the hot pits and our crew made a super quick tire change.” Baldwin would eventually take 6th place for the weekend.

Class One Unlimited

Having drawn the first starting position the car would be a serious contender in a class that saw just 24 of 46 cars complete the required laps on day one. Baldwin focused on a possible class win. The first laps saw Josh setting the pace on the course and he found himself making up crucial seconds. The course was quickly deteriorating after a long weekend of racing. “The course is hammered. We had to get creative out there with our lines. The holes have gotten huge.” With just one lap remaining, Baldwin was a mere seven seconds out of the lead and within two seconds from second place on adjusted time. With Baldwin focused on the win, he was plagued once again by tire failure. “We over corrected in a turn to miss a hole, getting the car sideways and blew the tire off the wheel with a half a lap to go.” Josh was able to limp the car through the infield on just a right rear rim and still complete the race for a weekend finish of fourth place. The new Jimco had proven itself with a fantastic showing in a race that saw just 17 unlimited cars cross the finish line of the 46 that entered the race.

Event Combined Results

Trophy Truck - 6th Place out of 31 vehicles.

Class One Unlimited - 4th Place out of 46 vehicles.

Media inquiries please contact:

Patrick Wagenbrenner

(714) 392-3679

patrick@baldwinracing.net

#437580 - 25/01/07 06:08 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
spalind Offline

Patrick...Patrick...Patrick...you start working over there and the first thing that happens is that Baldwin fires Rhonda Konitzer...for shame...for shame.... laugh

#437581 - 25/01/07 06:52 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, she can come cry on my shoulder anytime.

#437582 - 25/01/07 08:02 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
Hey, she can come cry on my shoulder anytime.
x2 laugh

Edit: How's Wyatt's, uh, girl friend doin laugh

#437583 - 25/01/07 10:03 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Patrick...Patrick...Patrick...you start working over there and the first thing that happens is that Baldwin fires Rhonda Konitzer...for shame...for shame.... laugh
Where did you hear or read this? Please PM me.

#437584 - 25/01/07 10:57 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheftyler;"How's Wyatt's, uh, girl friend doin?"

I guess one could say her basket fell apart!!!

#437585 - 25/01/07 11:02 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunx:
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
[b]Patrick...Patrick...Patrick...you start working over there and the first thing that happens is that Baldwin fires Rhonda Konitzer...for shame...for shame.... laugh
Where did you hear or read this? Please PM me.[/b]
PM'd you Patrick...

#437586 - 25/01/07 01:50 PM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
Cheftyler;"How's Wyatt's, uh, girl friend doin?"

I guess one could say her basket fell apart!!!
Her basket fell apart, eh [Spit]

#437587 - 25/01/07 03:24 PM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

QUOTE; Her basket fell apart, eh

It was nice way to say she was a basket case, ok?

#437588 - 26/01/07 06:48 AM Re: Coverage of the Laughlin Leap and race...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got it, Dave, just a great way of saying it laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal