shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437612 - 20/06/06 11:40 PM Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just for those of you Xterraracer fans! We are in the longest part of off season we get in Off-Road racing. The next race is not until August 25th. during times like this we are still working on the race car,just not every night like prior to the Parker 425.
The X is getting more spring rate all around. The shocks are at Fox getting revalved for the heavier spring rate. Nissan is sending out the new NISMO header, due any day. We installed a new rack-n-pinoin, all 4 new front arms, new front axle shafts, new braided brake lines and limit straps for the front. The rear was still in pretty good shape. We still installed a new drive shaft, new updated leaf springs and new limit staps.
We still need to spend some time over on Cobb's dyno and tweek the ECU values a little. This should happen fairly soon, we are just waiting on headers now.
As for pit help for the Vegas to Reno? Anyone think they got what it takes to help out? I am fore seeing being short handed at this race. Many of the normals have family vacations and such. I need people for August 24-27. Thursday is contengency/tech in Vegas, Friday the race starts in Alamo Nv. We race all day into the night and should reach Reno early Saturday morning. In Reno we get a good night sleep and then drive back on Sunday. It will be a long weekend but should be fun and leave you some good memories. I have the rooms booked for all the nights, Sun Coast in Vegas and Circus Circus in Reno. All I ask is that you wait to party until after the race. I need serious people that want to pit and work on the race car!

Contact me at djblakely1@msn.com

#437613 - 21/06/06 05:10 AM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pit crew sounds like an absolute blast! If I was closer in location I wouldn't hesitate to sign up! Do you have any pictures of the X while you are doing all this work on it?

#437614 - 21/06/06 07:24 AM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

sounds like a blast, too bad I don't know much about working on cars...YET

#437615 - 21/06/06 03:54 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

More info on pit crew people; If you were able to drive to the race in a pick up it would be prefered. But if you live far, far away and still think you could help us, don't count yourself out. You could fly into Vegas and out of Reno. I am open for discussion of this.

#437616 - 21/06/06 04:05 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

So....what all's needed for pit crewing for your team? I've pitted for SCCA guys before, not much of a hurry up type of a deal there. Tools?

Just thinking out loud here. laugh

#437617 - 21/06/06 06:47 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Excellent!! Can't wait for the race...I have a feeling my walls will end up covered in posters of your X out there racing in the desert!!

#437618 - 22/06/06 06:38 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

WolfmanX.... read your private mesage! If anyone knows Jason tell him to get in touch with me.

#437619 - 22/06/06 10:08 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
I would be interested in helping out. PM with what you are looking for. I am medical trained too.

#437620 - 22/06/06 10:15 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
WolfmanX.... read your private mesage! If anyone knows Jason tell him to get in touch with me.
Wow, ok yeah, I'm in for this. My email is jhplace2@msn.com lets work out some details.

I did not realize I had any PM's! Sorry!

#437621 - 24/06/06 10:42 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Just getting to XOC after being out for the last week... I am very interested in this Dave... will be calling you this week.

Robert

#437622 - 28/06/06 10:41 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey we are getting a good crew together! For those whom are following this thread. We have Spalind,WolfmanX and fastdrmr going. Cheftyler, Cyclemut are still maybe. This is going to be so much fun! These guys will have a blast doing this. I have been talking to Goodyear we may put together a MAIN pit for all Goodyear tire vehilces. I've done this before. It is way fun but alot of work. You get the chance to work on alot of cars and truck. This type of pit would stay in one spot for duration of the race. You get to meet some very famous drivers this way.

I'll keep you all up dated as things go.

#437623 - 28/06/06 11:33 PM Re: Whats up with Xterraracer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd be interested in meeting you guys when you are in vegas...dunno what prep work, if any, will be done here but I would love to help out and learn a little if possible

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal