shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437684 - 23/07/06 09:56 PM Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

The latest news on this is as follows;
We have these people going; fastdrmr, spalind, cheftyler, wolfmanx, cyclemut.
We are now going to do a GOODYEAR main pit- means we will do pitting for all Goodyear sponsored vehicles.
Everybody has their assignments now.
fastdrmr & wolfmanx - will handle comunications
spalind & cheftyler - will handle fueling/timing
cyclemut - will be co-riding from mile 212 to 380

Give these guys a hand for taking off the time and cost to go do this! THANKS GUYS!!!!!

#437685 - 23/07/06 11:45 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

awesome. you have some of XOC's finest with you. Good luck guys.

#437686 - 24/07/06 07:18 AM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Yahoooooo! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#437687 - 24/07/06 08:07 AM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Guess I better start hitting the gym!! Dave says the fuel tanks are 88 pounds a piece and will have to be lifted like a dozen times during the day!!

#437688 - 24/07/06 08:21 AM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew lifting those 75# speakers above my head 10-15 times per day would help me out laugh

#437689 - 24/07/06 11:31 AM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just so you guys can rest easy. It will be two people dumping each can. nobody is exspected to lift the full dump can and fuel by their self.
Dont worry with adrenaline in your vains you wont even feel the weight. [LOL] [LOL]

#437690 - 24/07/06 11:45 AM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
Just so you guys can rest easy. It will be two people dumping each can. nobody is exspected to lift the full dump can and fuel by their self.
Done worry with adrenaline in your vains you wont even feel the weight. [LOL] [LOL]
Man, ya shoulda let us freak out for at least a week laugh

#437691 - 24/07/06 11:50 AM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Wish I could be there. Oh well, next time.

#437692 - 24/07/06 12:01 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by defibvt:
Wish I could be there. Oh well, next time.
There will be plenty of next times!!!

#437693 - 24/07/06 12:05 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
Dont worry with adrenaline in your vains you wont even feel the weight. [LOL] [LOL]
Oh, thats not so bad then...when I dump my dirtbike and have to roll that thing upright thats like more than 250 lbs. so 40 should be fine...

#437694 - 24/07/06 12:07 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/qb][/QUOTE]Man, ya shoulda let us freak out for at least a week laugh [/QB][/QUOTE]

Oh, but I did not tell you about the size of the tanks on some of these car/trucks. Some will need to have 5 cans dumped. It will really be bad if 2 or 3 come in right together.

Oh crap!!!! I bet you're worrying again. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#437695 - 24/07/06 12:18 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
spalind Offline

Oh, with all the trucks (except yours of course!!) we will only be lifting EMPTY cans of fuel!! That way we ensure your victory!! Just kidding!! laugh

#437696 - 24/07/06 09:59 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tonight fastdrmr and his mrs. stopped by the shop to check out the X and to put some XOC stickers on it.

I think he liked it just a little bit!!!

So what say you fastdrmr?

#437697 - 24/07/06 10:23 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Guys... this was the best eye candy I have had in a long time! This X is the real deal! David is an awesome guy that has put some serious time and dinero into making this X something to be proud of.

I brought over an XOC sticker and he was quick to find a great home for it. There will be one on either side of the X and it will go on record with these stickers.

David is still looking for a big sponsorer to put their logo / name on the driver's side door. It would be a great place for perhaps a "big boy" to get some good press time.

Additionally, we talked about how XOC could collectively contribute to his race fund. I'm sure it needs to be cleared by the powers that be but if anyone wants to chip in he has a PayPal account. Racing is not cheap and there is quite a bit of personal cash that carries the project. As of right now he is fully sponsored by Nissan and Goodyear. Additional funds would help cover miscellaneous upgrades (lights, fans, etc.) and race expenses. If you want to chip in, PM him.

Enjoy the pix... and thanks for letting us put XOC on the X!

#437698 - 30/07/06 07:09 PM Re: Vegas to Reno pit crew news
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since you stopped by I did change quite a bit. New plastic on the front end. Front bumper is now a 3 peice quick release design. Finished the light bar and install 6 new lights. Installed the visor and place a UXOC sticker on pass side. I replaced to lexan windows on drivers side due to scratches and cracks. I fabricated new rear bump stops, the old location did not hit soon enough. We pulled the exhaust system off and did a complete header wrap to the muflers, no more burnt feet. We stripped the interior and scotchbrited all the tubing, then applied a light oil to stop future rust. We will have her like brand new again soon!!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal