2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437735 - 03/09/06 06:38 PM Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Just wanted to let you all know how Dave and the Xterra did yesterday, 9/2 in the B.O.R.E. racing series....just talked to the race organizers out in UT....ended up being 6 vehicles running in their class.....and Dave and the X finished third and were able to complete the entire race which I believe was 250 miles in length!!!!! Pretty damn good for only having 2WD to work with and a smashed up rear!!! Sounds like he may have gotten the whole "going into limp mode" thing sorted out which portends great things for the future!!! Hopefully Dave will come back with some more info in the days ahead!!!

#437736 - 04/09/06 07:32 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
spalind Offline

Damn it!! My bad...the BORE organizers stated that Blakely did come in third...It was one of Dave's brothers however, codriving Alan Gerber's class 10 car who came in third....The X did not go to the race as it had not had time for any dyno runs after the V2R race...sorry for the misinformation...

#437737 - 04/09/06 08:34 PM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's all good brother, I caught it as soon as I could. I wish my weekend had gone as good!

#437738 - 05/09/06 06:42 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
spalind Offline

And for those who haven't seen Alan Gerber's buggy and for those of us who only saw it briefly when it stopped in our pits....here is a shot of it...Must make a nice partner for the X in the garage!

#437739 - 05/09/06 10:09 PM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yesterday afternoon we took the X out testing and she ran strong, no problems. We never got temp over 200, so needless to say it would not give us "limp mode". I had it plugged to an on board diagnastic box, the whole time we ran. She pulled no codes that were not expected to be there, i.e. no evap canister, no fuel temp, no fuel level, htd O2 sensor signal, speed sensor signal. All these things are gone, not needed. I will have Cobb work the ECU to eliminate there input needs.
I logged in 60+ miles of dirt roads, both tight stuff and wide open graded stuff. The X did fantastic in the tight stuff. It found its short wheel base at home here. The high speed stuff got a little loose at times. For the gear heads, high speed = 4th gear, 5800rpm, 33's, 3:70 R&P, no speedo so go figure. I know it was very fast for a single lane gravel road. For this part I will do more testing, maybe try the swaybars, MT/Rs and a few other items to see if the X will stablize a bit. I will be doing lots of testing the next little while. I'll keep you all informed.

See ya!

#437740 - 06/09/06 07:07 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Sounding good.. [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#437741 - 06/09/06 08:04 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet! Glad to hear that the X has bounced back so well!

#437742 - 06/09/06 10:01 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
XR - I always get more than a little concerned when running at high speed due to the wheelbase and you guys are a bit longer and wider than I am. Do your class restrictions allow you to add a wishbone type upper link as long as you stay with the stock concept leaf suspension?

Also, a cal pre fun type (anti) sway bar (works grat on linked trucks like BK's 7) might be something to look at so you are still able to get full suspension travel.

With your shock/spring package did you guys increase the ride height? I have found with my X I feel more stable when I am as low as I can be but as high as I have to be. More spring rate? How is your shock valving coming along by the way?

Then there's ........$$$$$$$$$$$ Good luck. laugh

Spalind, it's cool to see someone so geographically removed from the desert "scene" being so passionate about the sport. Now you need to get yourself to a Mexican race. You haven't experienced everything to the fullest until you've been to Baja.

You do realize that you are eventually going to have to move west, sell eveything, refinance your house and get yourself into a ride. Right?

#437743 - 06/09/06 11:28 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
spalind Offline

I know they have like a small body lift on Xterraracers X but I think that is all...it sits at a very stock stance...
And yes...I do realize all those things Socal...I might move a bit west but not too far...family is all out here and wife doesn't want to move too far away from them...so for now it will be flights to Vegas and lots of FF miles...

#437744 - 07/09/06 04:31 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought you would all like to hear this! I was at Cobb Tunning on the dyno last night. They have found the problem and are writing the new program for the X's ECU. The X set down some good baseline runs. 212Hp to the rear wheels, 221ft.lbs. of torque at 5430rpms, 4th gear runs at 111 mph. Nissan advertises 265Hp, which is at the crank. Everyone there at Cobb seemed to be impressed at these new figures. They did find a dip in the Hp curve at midrange and plan to change the timing curve to build a more steady power band. I left the X there for them to play with for the next few days. I will keep you updated.

#437745 - 07/09/06 05:48 AM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
I thought you would all like to hear this! I was at Cobb Tunning on the dyno last night. They have found the problem and are writing the new program for the X's ECU. The X set down some good baseline runs. 212Hp to the rear wheels, 221ft.lbs. of torque at 5430rpms, 4th gear runs at 111 mph. Nissan advertises 265Hp, which is at the crank. Everyone there at Cobb seemed to be impressed at these new figures. They did find a dip in the Hp curve at midrange and plan to change the timing curve to build a more steady power band. I left the X there for them to play with for the next few days. I will keep you updated.
Excellent!! Can't wait to have you back in the next race!

#437746 - 07/09/06 07:30 PM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
XR - Do your class restrictions allow you to add a wishbone type upper link as long as you stay with the stock concept leaf suspension?

With your shock/spring package did you guys increase the ride height?

More spring rate? How is your shock valving?
The class rules will not allow any strengthening or modifications. They do allow use of 2 shocks per wheel, any location, can not protrude through the hood or floor. No remote mounting or lever mounted shocks.
Must use stock spring hangers and design. They do allow the semi coil over type shock like the X have up front to be made into full coil over shocks.

Spring rates are open. I have done 5 coil rate changes since leaving stock. Finally I have a stiff enough spring to race on.
National Springs had the expertise to nail the rear leafs the first try. I did step them up the last front rate change to make overall ride even.

Ride hieght is as close to stock as I could get. I did equal to a 1" body lift when I went solid with the body mounts. The suspension rides about mid droop, to keep wheels following the ground. It is set up like most quads are, you can pick it up from the frame and the tires will stay on the ground for several inches. The difference is the X does not squat when we get in.

After the first race I sent the shocks back to FOX for more valving. They also went to a new oil in the shocks. No complaints, shocks worked awsome the last race and testing.

I hope I answered all your questions. If you want to know more just ask.

#437747 - 07/09/06 07:40 PM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Dave shouldn't you be working on the X not on here. laugh You missed a good fast run in the 10 car saturday.Hows the x comming along in testing?

#437748 - 07/09/06 08:07 PM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey take it easy, the X is at Cobb's for more work. I have all the final stuff with my new house going on right now, so the X being at Cobb's perfect for me.
By the way I though you had 2 race cars to get prepped youself!!!!

#437749 - 08/09/06 05:52 PM Re: Fantastic Xterraracer news!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's awsome Dave, it's almost time to whoop some ass!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal