2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437839 - 17/04/06 04:37 PM XterraRacer's X
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
He asked me to post these pix since he doesn't have webhosting available. I think you guys are going to like his ride.

This is the Silver X from the commercials. NISSAN donated the X with only 288 miles and he has done all the mods himself. He will be competing in desert racing. See www.bitd.com

I will let him answer any questions. For larger sizes of the pix below see target and remove the "s" in the file name.

Dave is a native of Utah and hopefully we will be able to see his trailer queen at some UXOC events!

Congrats to Dave on the sponsorship and thank you NISSAN!

Directly from his email:
"This started out as the silver X in all of Nissan's commercials and website. It was totally gutted and had a 1 3/4" chromoly tube chassis fabricated in side. Inside I installed all the necessary safety stuff, 32 gal fuel safe and 2 spare tires. I went with a brighter yellow than the solar yellow. I cut out the front spring bucket and change them to one FOX 3" coil over shock with triple by-pass tubes. In back I trussed the rear end housing, heavy skid plated the diff, with FOX 3" 4 tube by-pass shocks, hung by National 13 leaf spring packs.
I will be racing the first race for the X on April 29th the Best in the Desert TT250. Our number is #3112. We race in class 3100 along with the Hummer's H3 and Ford's Explorer. For more info on the race go to BITD.com"

#437840 - 17/04/06 04:39 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT

#437841 - 17/04/06 04:42 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

eek Looks good so far, you will have to keep us updated on the progress!

#437842 - 17/04/06 04:46 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp]

#437843 - 17/04/06 04:54 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Huh?] Is it bad that I'm almost sexually aroused?

#437844 - 17/04/06 05:08 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

looks great although its missing atleast 1 thing...an XOC sticker.

#437845 - 17/04/06 05:16 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crap! That is sick! laugh

#437846 - 17/04/06 05:22 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

The XOC sticker will be in place as soon I get one! Hint, hint!!!!

#437847 - 17/04/06 05:24 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Damn!!! Now THAT is awesome....I will be following it closely...I think XOC SHOULD sponsor that truck....first "stock" Xterra I can think of running in a major offroad racing competition...

#437848 - 17/04/06 05:31 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
spalind Offline

No personal website for your truck, team, and/or fab shop Dave??

#437849 - 17/04/06 05:53 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Until recently I have not had the need for my own website. I will be looking into a website soon. As far as my own fab shop, I work for a living and do this at night in a private shop. Who knows that could change too!

#437850 - 17/04/06 06:08 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look awesome!!!

Can you post pictures of the front and rear suspension (details).

Congrat!!!

JJ

#437851 - 17/04/06 06:46 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
spalind Offline

One of your buddies (Doug?) is giving you props after I posted about you over on RDC...Sounds like you got a good bunch of people around you...Make sure to keep us all up to date.... Race Dezert.com posting on this racing Xterra....

#437852 - 17/04/06 06:53 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is sweet!

#437853 - 17/04/06 08:48 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
bluztraveler Offline

Loc: Surrey , B.C. ,Canada
real nice, go kick some ass!

#437854 - 17/04/06 09:05 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

JJrasta you requested more detailed picts of the suspension. I will get those up in a day or two.

#437855 - 17/04/06 09:17 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Looks great!

and......

I win!

For those of you that weren't here for the old discussions about the uselessness of a 2wd X and the advantages of 4wd (which there are many) I declared at the time that you will see an X racing in the desert before you see one entering any serious rock crawling competition. And here we are!

I really belive that the new X finally has the HP along with the other tools to get it done as a stock SUV. It takes a lot for someone to invest in a race truck and it takes even more for them to take something and compete with conventional thinking in the BITD and run something as unique as the X.

I hope you give the Hall H3 team a run for the $$.

Questions: Is Nissan/NISMO/Stukenberg actually behind you at all in regards to promotion, support parts or engine program such as Donhahoe was with Toyota in his SCORE program or are you on your own with the exception of the provided truck?

Are you planning to run the whole series and go for a points title or are you planning on running selected races?

Are you going to run any SCORE races or have it tech inspected by Savage in case you decide to run SCORE? Is it eligible to run in Stock Mini? I think it would be amazing after a few shakedown races to put together a true NISSAN support crew and run the 1K.

You'd need at least tree or so driver's for that right? wink

I'm jealous.

Congrats again.

#437856 - 17/04/06 10:02 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

SocalpunX, you are so very right we will be able to take it to them. We have more motor and suspension travel that any of the competitors in our class. I'm Nissan supported is the term we use. Nissan provided the vehicle and factory parts. I get to pay my own way. The H3 and Ford guys all got their first look at her last weekend at the pre-fun run. They all had good comments and agreed we should be very fast. We only plan to run BitD for this year. Thanks for the comments, See you at the races.

#437857 - 17/04/06 10:14 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Are you running an off the shelf MT/R or the Kevlar? I also recall you talking about an AT/S variant tire as well. What are you guys going to be racing on?

Any other pics from the prefun run?

For those of you guys who don't folow dezert racing, Ford is a major sponsor of the Best in The Desert Series. They offer the most contigency and prize money to guys running Fords so in this particular series there are a great deal of Fords running and winning especialy in the stock classes. Scott Douglas, a CORR racer and long time desert racer races with Ford support.

The Hall H3 is driven and built by Rod Hall, a legend in the sport who has raced and won in a variety of classes, most recently with GM factory supported programs with H1's an H2 and now the H3.

This stock against stock arena really highlights the factory build of a vehicle along with team preperation and driver's skill as opposed to how much money can be thrown at a race program as it is now with other open classes.

#437858 - 17/04/06 10:27 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

As of Saturday we had 3 factory Fords Explorers, 1 factory Hummer H3 and the Xterra entered for the Terrible Town 250. We are 4th off the line.
Desert racing is done by elapsed time. They start 1 car every 30 seconds. So the first car into the finish is not always the winner.

#437859 - 17/04/06 10:34 PM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

We will be running the kevlar MTRs, just like in the picture. The only reason I forsee any change would be due to too much traction, causing parts to break. Then we would go to the new style wangler w/silent armor.

#437860 - 18/04/06 06:33 AM Re: XterraRacer's X
spalind Offline

I sent a request to High Rev Photography asking if they could get some pics of your truck in the upcoming Terrible Town 250 and that I would be interested in buying at least a couple copies if he should do so...

#437861 - 18/04/06 06:37 AM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whats done motor wise? If its stock or close to it I would think you would run out of gas in the middle of the dessert with the amazing mpg our trucks get! lol.

#437862 - 18/04/06 07:13 AM Re: XterraRacer's X
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
That's awesome man..I love the truck..And I wish you the best and hope you do well...Now get out there and show them X's are bad ass.. wink

#437863 - 18/04/06 09:19 AM Re: XterraRacer's X
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh That truck is the BOMB... I was thinking about cutting the shock buckets out of mine and going with coil overs but have been chicken. Now though I will be keeping up with your progess for sure. Best of luck on your race. If you smoke the Hummer you'll have to get that sticker that says " If I wanted a Hummer I'd ask your sister."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal