shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#437926 - 18/04/08 10:35 AM Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Yup, that time again...Tomorrow, Saturday 4/19 is the 2nd race in the Best in the Desert Series for 2008. The first race (Parker 425 in January) ended in a DNF for TXR and we are hoping (praying?) for a better result this time...The Xterra has been properly tested for this race having done a few hundred pre-race prep miles and the driveline problems (a constant worry in previous races) appear to have been eliminated with the help of Superior Axle & Gear. Add that to the fact that the team now has an entire spare rear end on the trailer (something they've never had before) hopes are high. Dave Blakely and Robert Pinion should be arriving momentarily at contingency and getting the X through inspection. Here is the info you need to follow along:

Terrible's 250 at Primm, NV

Format--3 lap race of 84 miles each
Start Time for TXR--Approximately 8:30AM Eastern (5:30AM Pacific)
Team #--3112
Team Class--3100 (Stock SUV)
Key Competitors--3101 (Falkosky) and 3111 (Hall)

Team Forum for Race updates: TXR Forum!!
Tracking site to follow the race: Race Tracking!!

Any questions feel free to ask...I will be providing updates as long as the team is racing....Keep your fingers crossed!!

#437927 - 18/04/08 11:45 AM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Best of luck.. [ThumbsUp]

#437928 - 18/04/08 05:57 PM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Go get 'em boys!

#437929 - 19/04/08 05:29 AM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
spalind Offline

And they are at the starting line....looks like there are now 6 entries in class 3100....I think thats the highest # in the past year...will make the challenge even greater!! If when you bring up the tracking page and get the map but don't see the vehicle #'s on the left side, just hit the refresh button and they should appear--at least they did for me...Will be providing additional comments, info on the Team Xterra Racing site as we go along today...

#437930 - 19/04/08 08:57 AM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
spalind Offline

Out on lap two in 2nd place!! 84 miles down...168 to go!! Rod Hall in his H3 is in the lead by 5 miles...

#437931 - 23/04/08 06:17 PM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
spalind Offline

Dave's personal report:

This past weekend the Nissan Xterra had a good run going at the BITD Terrible's 250, until 10 miles from the end of lap 2. We broke the driver lower A-arm, tie rod end and bent the upper A-arm. We had all the parts with us to fix it and we did. Only to not be allowed to start our 3rd lap. I know we were running a strong second when this broke as Falkowsky was 15 miles behind us according to Iritrack. Falkowsky went by and ended up getting to start his 3rd lap. Rod Hall was about 15 miles ahead of the Xterra when it broke. Hall took 1st, Falkowsky 2nd, I believe we got 4th.

The new SUPERIOR rear end parts worked flawless!!! The 4.56 ratio allowed us to pull all the gears. At one point the Iritrack showed us at 116MPH. I know I caught and passed Jeepspeeds on the dry lake. The SPAL fans kept everything in check. We had no over heating issues what so ever. We now need to have COBB change the ECU so we don't get a top speed cut out. Another race with no flats on those Goodyear MTRs!

I am displaying at the Off-Road EXPO this weekend in SLC. The Xterra will be in the KC HiLiTES booth. They wanted it just like it finished the race. So I garaged it dirty just like it finished.

I am thinking about running a BORE race the following weekend after the show. I want to do some shock valving changes. I feel I can only get true result from a real race situation. Plus the X was still running strong at the end of the Terrible's 250. I have a long down time before the V2R in August.

#437932 - 28/04/08 12:03 PM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

well good try. I guess at this point it's just a matter of fine tuning everything and finding all the weak spots. What caused the A-arm to break?

#437933 - 28/04/08 05:23 PM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
well good try. I guess at this point it's just a matter of fine tuning everything and finding all the weak spots. What caused the A-arm to break?
It is "believed" (quotations because we are not 100% sure) that there was a hairline fracture from a previous race that began rusting creating a weak point and then during the race....well...hitting things at 100 mph tends to break even parts in the best of condition...

#437934 - 29/04/08 02:08 AM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow. Yea I bet that would cause it. Does the X have to have stock A-arms to compete @ its current level or can he replace them or gusset them?

#437935 - 29/04/08 04:57 AM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by far west X:
wow. Yea I bet that would cause it. Does the X have to have stock A-arms to compete @ its current level or can he replace them or gusset them?
Gotta be stock units...or units with a Nissan part number (it kinda depends on the manufacturer and a few other things I won't get into publicly) as long as the travel isn't changed from stock.
I'm not sure about gusseting though.

#437936 - 29/04/08 10:51 AM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
We have to keep the stock arms, stock spindle and stock everything. The only thing we can do is add (as needed only) to the stock arms for the aftermarket shocks / coil overs. All in all, it must stay as originally designed, but can be upgraded to prevent fade, but must keep the same travel.

The rear is a National Spring set up, as originally designed, but limited to the same travel.

Fox shocks all around.

#437937 - 01/05/08 09:03 PM Re: Team Xterra Racing TOMORROW!!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I stopped by your pit at Primm, we were a couple of pits from yours, but I guess you guys had already hit the Tree Bar. I got up early to watch the other classes and the car looked good. Too bad about the arm. I cruised over and saw it. No bueno!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal