2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#438209 - 30/04/05 10:59 PM Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey guys watsup. first of all i wanted to say *ahem. i dont drive a Xterra, i drive the "other X", the one made from ford. the explorer, well i really drive a mercury mountaineer, which is equivalent. anyways, we're having a meet on may 20th and would love for you xterra guys to come out and join us in the sand? we'll be camping and just the usual jumpin the trucks for a video we'll be trying to get footage for.
Xterra Vs. eXplorers?

when. may 20th
where. Pismo Dunes, CA
contact- Arvin
email- themobbsquad@hotmail.com
please contact me for any additonal info.

#438210 - 01/05/05 08:56 AM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
I'm on the other side of the country so I won't be there but just wanted to say....Thats a nice lookin setup you got there...Must admit I don't know much about explorers or mountaineers but I would imagine you guys get alot of the same crap we do, ie: people assuming that because its an explorer (or Xterra) that it only can go to the mall and back...

#438211 - 01/05/05 03:16 PM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeh, my other choice was a xterra back in 2000. i always thought the "everything you need, nothing you dont" factor was cool.

#438212 - 01/05/05 04:54 PM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
Anonymous
Unregistered

eek

#438213 - 04/05/05 02:13 AM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XOPFLX:
eek
i second that! eek

#438214 - 04/05/05 10:59 AM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought the other Ford X was the eXcape? at least with it, they tried to style it like an Xterra wink

Anyways, cool Merc! I can't say I've ever seen a Mountianeer with a prerunner on it before.... very cool smile

#438215 - 04/05/05 08:47 PM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
Anonymous
Unregistered

what does that mean? eek

#438216 - 16/05/05 08:27 AM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too bad I can't make it out that weekend. I'd give you a run for it. laugh

#438217 - 25/05/05 06:36 AM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
What mods do you guys do (Or just you...) to the Explorers to make them work off road?

For X's, there are mild SL/BL lifts, air lockers, SAS, skids, sliders, bumpers, etc...but not a lot of each.

?

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#438218 - 25/05/05 12:12 PM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
TJ, the Explorer's suspension mods range from mild with extended coils and shocks with turned TTB's to full on I-Beam conversions and coil overs.

A lot of the suspension is the same or smiliar enough to the Ranger's that they are very compatable with a few modifications and clearance issues. The same goes for axles , engines and transmissions. Most of it is compatable. And since it's a Ford, there are plenty of options available.

There are many many companies that specialize in TTB or I-beam suspensions for Fords. The difference is if you want to keep the 4wd and the TTB or dump the 4wd and go I-beam and get more suspension travel. They deal with allignment issues just like we do but have years more time developing the best options.

Just like anything else the 4wd guys often convert to SAS and you can imagine it is a lot easier since you are converting from a TTB.

I'd think these guys that run the dunes and are jumping are mostly TTB or I-beam since there is more travel there than the newer A-arm Rangers/Explorers.

Ford is a HUGE sponsor of the Best in the Desert Series and offers contingency $$ so you see many more Fords than anything else in the desert and many more companies making products because of it. Plus there are a billion fords out there anyways.

AutoFab

JamesDuff

Camburg

This page has some of the nicest custom TTB Explorer work that I've ever seen. Truly amazing. Check it out.

http://www.desertrides.com -Explorer

Here's some pics from a shop here that builds NICE Explorers!

Mild!

WILD!
NASCAR Bush Series 500HP+ V6

http://bakermotorsports.net/7_open_pics.htm

#438219 - 25/05/05 12:20 PM Re: Pismo Dunes, Xterras vs. explorers may 20th
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
McNeil is big in Explorers also:

http://www.mcneiloff-road.com/

Fiberwerx Also has full front and rear fiberglass conversions.

So in a nutshell: There is a poopload more available for the Explorer than the XTerra.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal