shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#438220 - 23/02/07 12:06 PM CORR+NBC = My job just got more fun!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
This is hot off the press:

NBC SPORTS TO BROADCAST OFF ROAD RACING IN 2007

Newport Beach, CA (February 23, 2007)—NBC Sports and Championship Off Road Racing™ (CORR) have partnered to add CORR to NBC’s diverse array of sports programming.

“We see this venture into network television as a huge step forward and a great opportunity to increase viewership and sponsorship value,” said Jim Baldwin, owner of Championship Off Road Racing. “We have big plans for the future of Championship Off Road Racing by increasing national reach,” he continued. “This exciting, new partnership with NBC Sports keeps our business plan right on track.”

“We’re looking forward to partnering with CORR to bring viewers these exciting broadcasts,” said Jon Miller, Executive Vice President, NBC Sports.

NBC will broadcast CORR races nationally on the following days: April 28, May 27, July 29, Sept. 23, Oct. 14, Oct. 28, Dec 8.

NBC’s CORR broadcasts will use new technology to provide viewers with a thrilling, enhanced experience. The production will give viewers up-close, wheel to wheel coverage while tracking the competing trucks and displaying speed, acceleration, time behind the leader, RPM and all the information they need to follow the race.

NBC Universal Sports & Olympics presents viewers with a lineup of prestigious sports properties.

NBC is the exclusive home of NBC Sunday Night Football, and the Olympics through 2012. NBC Sports also possesses the premier broadcast packages in golf, tennis and Thoroughbred racing, including the U.S. Open, The Players Championship, Wimbledon, US Open of tennis and the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.

Developed in 1983 Championship Off Road Racing™ brings high action four wheel motorsports including 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive trucks on closed course off road tracks. The 2007 CORR season includes seven events in Los Angeles and San Diego, CA; Dallas, TX and Las Vegas, TX.

This is unbelievably huge for the sport!

#438221 - 23/02/07 01:17 PM Re: CORR+NBC = My job just got more fun!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's great, I can't wait until the coverage starts!

#438222 - 23/02/07 01:22 PM Re: CORR+NBC = My job just got more fun!
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Wow...thats awesome!! thats like HUGE mainstream coverage!!

#438223 - 23/02/07 01:24 PM Re: CORR+NBC = My job just got more fun!
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I'll have my DVR set to record every show.. [ThumbsUp]

#438224 - 23/02/07 02:40 PM Re: CORR+NBC = My job just got more fun!
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
For those people without Speed and TOC... this is great news!

Congrats and thanks for posting!

#438225 - 23/02/07 03:06 PM Re: CORR+NBC = My job just got more fun!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Just to reinforce the point you just made ; the numbers I have seen based on current Nielson Ratings indicate that one single one hour episode will be seen by as many as 20 times the number of people that will see the entire season of shows on SPEED.

Now multiply that by 7.

This is huge.

( spalind , please don't quote that information on other racing sites ) laugh

#438226 - 23/02/07 07:04 PM Re: CORR+NBC = My job just got more fun!
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunx:
Just to reinforce the point you just made ; the numbers I have seen based on current Nielson Ratings indicate that one single one hour episode will be seen by as many as 20 times the number of people that will see the entire season of shows on SPEED.

Now multiply that by 7.

This is huge.

( spalind , please don't quote that information on other racing sites ) laugh
OK...all right...I couldn't help myself...sorry...
laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal