shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#438229 - 14/09/06 12:37 PM How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
That would have this picture of Xterraracer on it? I am talking to High Rev photo and discussing getting the rights to this photo which would then be put on a tshirt whose proceeds would go directly to Dave Blakely to help support his truck and team...Thoughts?? Interest??

#438230 - 14/09/06 12:42 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Or Plan B:

Drop a line to Rory at Racers Only http://www.racers-only.com/racersonly1.html and see what he would charge for artwork under the same premise?

Either way I'd buy a shirt or two.

#438231 - 14/09/06 01:00 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunx:
Or Plan B:

Drop a line to Rory at Racers Only http://www.racers-only.com/racersonly1.html and see what he would charge for artwork under the same premise?

Good call...I was looking for that style (Dave Deal, caricature style) but hadn't come across any other than those like your "mall" style caricature artists who do people...I will drop them a line and see what the cost is--I have a feeling it will be a lot given the names he usually works with, but its worth a shot...

#438232 - 14/09/06 01:00 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd be in for a couple laugh

#438233 - 14/09/06 01:46 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm in...but do they come in Medium... :p

#438234 - 14/09/06 01:51 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lewers:
I'm in...but do they come in Medium... :p
They will, yes...

#438235 - 14/09/06 01:54 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
[b]Or Plan B:

Good call...I was looking for that style (Dave Deal, caricature style) but hadn't come across any other than those like your "mall" style caricature artists who do people...I will drop them a line and see what the cost is--I have a feeling it will be a lot given the names he usually works with, but its worth a shot...[/b]
You never know. I would guess that his fees are on a sliding scale based on ones ability to pay. laugh

With a small, lower budget team that is doing it to support the program he might be a little more lienent.

#438236 - 14/09/06 06:18 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
I'd be interested in a shirt - Large please.

#438237 - 14/09/06 06:27 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
I'd be interested in a shirt - Large please.
Like I said, I've got an email in to him....will keep everyone here up to date as to the progress of this...please spread the word amongst your local clubs if you can...Thanks!

#438238 - 14/09/06 08:52 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

1 Large for me! Charge me double, I want to help.

#438239 - 14/09/06 09:03 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
1 Large for me! Charge me double, I want to help.
Right on! I need two XLs and Medium laugh

#438240 - 15/09/06 06:20 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

OK...here is what I have so far...the cost to use the High Rev photo seen above is $100 and I could do whatever I want with it...put it on tshirts, mousepads, etc...but it would only be just the photo, no other logos, typeface, titles, etc....

The cost to go through racers-only.com is higher...nearly triple the cost of using the High Rev photo...but they will take the photo and make some cool artwork out of it like this
and will add typeface--Dave's name, team name, logos, etc. to it...and I "believe" though not 100% sure, I would still get the original artwork so that I could have it scanned and do what I want with it...Thoughts??

#438241 - 15/09/06 06:32 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the race photo.

And there's probably enough of us here on XOC that are pretty good with Photoshop and the like that you could hold a graphics contest and let everyone's imagination go wild! Free art, give the winner a shirt and you still get the proceeds to boot. Win win!

#438242 - 15/09/06 06:33 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I like the race photo.

And there's probably enough of us here on XOC that are pretty good with Photoshop and the like that you could hold a graphics contest and let everyone's imagination go wild! Free art, give the winner a shirt and you still get the proceeds to boot. Win win!
That is an awesome idea! [ThumbsUp]

#438243 - 15/09/06 07:00 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Quote:
I like the race photo.

Well...just want to be clear here....I would get $0 of the proceeds...every dime would go to Dave and his race team...Just want to make sure that no one thinks that I am doing this to make any money...OK...hadn't thought of that...I think I will go that direction...Thanks for the input and look for more info soon!!

#438244 - 15/09/06 09:58 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
socalpunx Offline

I have seen a lot of off-road racing t-shirts and RO is the pinacle. I think that would be really cool. The picture looks good but you have to really imagine it on a shirt. It will look good, but you still want to add team graphics, sponsors ect. to make it a real nice team shirt.

You really have to look at dollars and cents though. Let's say you do a first run of 50 shirts. The artwork and layout is going to cost you an additional $6 a shirt. With the photo you only are into it for $2/S Obviously if you make more shirts late your average cost per unit will decrease.

I would do the Racers Only with a minimum run of 50 (25 black and 25 white ( Note: XXL-XL-L only. You always end up stuck with mediums / s+m special order- prepaid only) and when you do a two shirt color option, people will be more likely to purchase in quantity since there is variety.

A high quality shirt is going to run you about $3.50-$4.00 a unit and then factoring your $6 per shirt (minimum 50) for the art I don't think you'd have any problem selling a shirt for $25 per unit shipped since you are making it very clear that it is a team fundraiser.

#438245 - 15/09/06 10:34 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Damn it!! You people keep making me go back and forth and back and forth!!

#438246 - 15/09/06 10:37 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
socalpunx Offline

You have PM.

SWEET!

#438247 - 15/09/06 10:41 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
socalpunx Offline

I'd go with image on the back. Team name or Nissan Motorsports on the upper left chest and possibly small 1" x 2" sponsor logos on the right sleeve and charge $25 for the "Team Shirt."

I'm sure sponsors and the team will love to purchse/recieve them too.

Logo only on the front 22.

#438248 - 15/09/06 11:29 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

OK...called Rory...he doesn't want any money up front (especially cool) and can start right away on the sketches and such...I will be sending him as many pictures as I can of Xterraracers truck so he can see it at different angles...If any of you UT guys can contact Dave (email, phone, whatever) and let him know that would be great--just to let him know what is up as I may need a list of his most important sponsors to highlight on the tshirt at the end of things....Thanks everyone for the ideas and support!!

#438249 - 15/09/06 11:33 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
socalpunx Offline

YESSSSSSWEET!

#438250 - 15/09/06 11:47 AM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Quote:
YESSSSSSWEET!
Yeah, YOU especially better buy like 50 tshirts!! laugh

#438251 - 15/09/06 01:32 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Screw it, I'll buy 4, bastard laugh
2 XL (one in each color)
2 Med (pre-paid, one in each color)

[Smoking]

#438252 - 15/09/06 01:48 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Screw it, I'll buy 4, bastard laugh
2 XL (one in each color)

[Smoking]
Hold on....Hold on...they won't be done for a few weeks....Try and save your enthusiasm!! Spread the word...They will make great Xmas gifts for that Xterra owner on your list!!

#438253 - 15/09/06 08:07 PM Re: How many would be interested in a T-shirt...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]Screw it, I'll buy 4, bastard laugh
2 XL (one in each color)

[Smoking]
Hold on....Hold on...they won't be done for a few weeks....Try and save your enthusiasm!! Spread the word...They will make great Xmas gifts for that Xterra owner on your list!![/b]
Pre-order baby! My enthusiasm will keep for a couple weeks laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal