2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#438344 - 07/03/05 12:50 PM Tierra Del Sol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know I am likely to get flamed... but here goes...

I went to Tierra del Sol run this weekend... 1500 registered vehicles motly jeeps but not one other Xterra. What gives? Is this event not cool? I went with my two other friends they are Jeep owners. But the common thread is we like to go places and put our vehicles to the test.

The organizers don't discriminate by vehicle. Do XOC members? With the numbers of members in the club I imagine there would be a significant contingent that could attend this event. It was well organized and fun...

Naively I expected to see the one and only Southern California Calmini SAS, no luck. How are we supposed to see the new stuff?I know someone will likely tell me to go to an Xterra only event, but how does that show the rest of the world our vehicles are capable? That may not really be necessary or the point but it was nice to be halfway into the run and have built up jeeps giving me the thumbs up and having other know what we all know...

The Xterra is a capable vehicle. A worthy Vehicle.

Should we not do more to show that? Is it not our duty as X owners to show the 4x4 world it is not exclusive to Jeeps? Come on X owners rise up!

I am not trying to start a flame session just merely wondering, in an event of this scope why there are not more X's there?

Maybe it is the location? Anyway any insight would be appreciated...

Maybe I should dump my life long friends and hang out with some XOC guys...

But why can't we just all get along?
--
jrc

#438345 - 12/03/05 12:38 PM Re: Tierra Del Sol
dhsundance Offline

Loc: San Diego
Quote:
Originally posted by jrcdzn:
I know I am likely to get flamed... but here goes...

So much for the flaming.

When I owned an X, I always figured these events were more for the jeeps and didn't really welcome other vehicles. I do wish more Xterra owners would come on out and show people that they're capable enough on the majority of trails. I wish I had given it a try. And now that I've been to a few major events I realize what I was missing.

For what it's worth, I didn't see too many 4-Runners or Discoveries there either.

#438346 - 14/03/05 04:19 PM Re: Tierra Del Sol
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:

Naively I expected to see the one and only Southern California Calmini SAS, no luck. How are we supposed to see the new stuff?

Maybe I should dump my life long friends and hang out with some XOC guys...

But why can't we just all get along?
--
jrc
How about asking if the Calmini SAS is going to be there? How how about using this site or others to see if anyone is going.
Tierra del Sol is a great event, but like you stated there over 1500 trucks at this event in a very small area. Even Moab during EJS seems less crowded.

-Doug

#438347 - 14/03/05 05:05 PM Re: Tierra Del Sol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
How about asking if the Calmini SAS is going to be there? How how about using this site or others to see if anyone is going.
Tierra del Sol is a great event, but like you stated there over 1500 trucks at this event in a very small area. Even Moab during EJS seems less crowded.

-Doug
Well I guess that would have been good in retrospect. Asking who was going to be there... But given it's size I though at least a few other xterra's would have been there. I am not the only one that thought this, there were other people at the event surprised that there were not more Xterras there. I did not really think it was an event to be avoided. In your example for EJS, I would not give it a second thought, I would simply guess that there would be an xterra or two there as well. Is that not the case?

Amazingly enough TDS did not seem all that crowded during the run... As a matter of fact only twice were we around much more than 5 other vehicles during the run.

I just wondered if there is a reason not to go to it, why with the numbers of Xterra owners out there why they are not visible at events like these, that is all. It was not a knock...
--
jrc

#438348 - 14/03/05 06:31 PM Re: Tierra Del Sol
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't go for the simple fact that 95% of Jeep owners are haters, plain and simple. [ThumbsDown] I didn't feel like dealing with that many people hating. A few guys from work went and they would have had my back along with dhsundance but I just didn't feel the need to prove myself nor the capabilities of the X.

Hind sight is 20/20 and maybe I should have gone but I didn't and you can't change that now.

#438349 - 15/03/05 10:08 PM Re: Tierra Del Sol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I went with my two other friends they are Jeep owners.

The organizers don't discriminate by vehicle. Do XOC members?

Anyway any insight would be appreciated...

Your local Xterra club has worked side-by-side with Tierra del Sol in volunteer activities. Tierra del Sol/SCCX event . Pics with captions . So no, there is no discrimination with other non-Xterra groups. But as much as you may not want to think it, behind your back a lot of jeepers will be snickering at the Xterra.

Have you been out on any of the runs with your local Xterra club? You're profile doesn't show you are a member. You don't discriminate against Xterras do you? I'm sure you don't. Or maybe you just like the big events so you can prove to others how capable your X is. Nothing wrong with that. But I hope that doesn't preclude you from joining in on runs with some of your own kind.

There is a run this Sunday. Check the Southern California forum on this site or go to www.sccxterra.com for more info. See you there?
[Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal