shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#438350 - 15/11/06 07:39 AM Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
starts tomorrow...should be epic...most entries ever (like 450). Unfortunately no Nissans that I saw on the entry list...a couple FJ Cruisers and a Mitsubishi Raider, but no Nissans even from former/current Nissan drivers like Boris Said and Carl Renezeder.

#438351 - 15/11/06 09:49 AM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Isn't Bob Graham racing a stock full Titan? I hope so, my buddy gave him some headers to run on the truck.

Boris Said only drove the Nissan pro-2 in CORR.

Carl Renezeder drives a really beautifull in-house Chevy Trophy Truck in his desert racing endeavors.

SCORe is an expensive series to run if you are chasing points and running a truck class and the BajaMil is an expensive race to run. As a result you are seeing the mega buck classes growing and the minitruck classes like 7, 7s, and 7sx seem to be shrinking. You still get a lot of 10, 5, and 1600 cars because they are a lot less brutal on the wallet.

MDR and MORE seem to be attracting a lot of the "Sportsman" type of trucks and BITD has a large number of "stock" type trucks. Especially Fords because of the money offered by the factory.

#438352 - 15/11/06 10:04 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunx:
Isn't Bob Graham racing a stock full Titan? I hope so, my buddy gave him some headers to run on the truck.

Boris Said only drove the Nissan pro-2 in CORR.

Carl Renezeder drives a really beautifull in-house Chevy Trophy Truck in his desert racing endeavors.

SCORe is an expensive series to run if you are chasing points and running a truck class and the BajaMil is an expensive race to run. As a result you are seeing the mega buck classes growing and the minitruck classes like 7, 7s, and 7sx seem to be shrinking. You still get a lot of 10, 5, and 1600 cars because they are a lot less brutal on the wallet.

MDR and MORE seem to be attracting a lot of the "Sportsman" type of trucks and BITD has a large number of "stock" type trucks. Especially Fords because of the money offered by the factory.
I'll have to look into the Bob Graham thing and see what it has listed for him...and yeah, I knew Boris did the pro-2 thing but he and Renezeder were the only two I could think of off the top of my head with Nissan connections...

#438353 - 15/11/06 10:15 AM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

#438354 - 15/11/06 10:27 AM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

Oh and re: your post on RDC, Bob hasn't raced a 7x in a year or more. He's campaigning the Titan now.

What happened? Didn't believe me? [LOL]

#438355 - 15/11/06 10:32 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Oh and re: your post on RDC, Bob hasn't raced a 7x in a year or more. He's campaigning the Titan now.

What happened? Didn't believe me? [LOL]
No, no, no...I googled the names and came up with the offroad.com article on them and it said they raced the truck in class 7s....And...Damn...I thought I was the only XOC'r who reguraly was on that forum!! Gonna have to be more careful with what I say...Guess no more "Damn that Patrick is an ahole" threads over there..... laugh

#438356 - 15/11/06 10:37 AM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

Surprise!

Yeah, I've been on there four or five years. I don't post over there because most of those guy race and I don't.

#438357 - 15/11/06 10:46 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Ahhh...its the Stock Full class that he runs in in SCORE...and I post over there on a semi-regular basis, though more on a commentary and questions basis because I feel WAAAYY over my head on that board when people like Andy McMillen and the like come and post...

#438358 - 15/11/06 01:38 PM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

#438359 - 15/11/06 01:55 PM Re: Baja 1000...
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
I think both of you are the most diehard dessert race followers!

I'm still waiting for someone else in the ATV race scene to pop up some day...

#438360 - 15/11/06 02:24 PM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Holy lights Batman!!

That's the Dale Ebberts Inland Truss Class 1 car. They have a tendancy to put on a light display at contingency.

Here was last year or the year before at contingency:

And fdreamer, answer your PMS!

#438361 - 15/11/06 07:40 PM Re: Baja 1000...
Anonymous
Unregistered

That one looks like Troy's lightbar laugh

#438362 - 15/11/06 09:24 PM Re: Baja 1000...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those cars are just flat ugly!!! Why can't they mount them clean and orderly? Hell the X has 6 straight across the top, spots for another 4 in the front bumper, plus the stock lights. Thats 12 and they all flow with the body lines. Again "YUCK" Looks like crapola!!!

#438363 - 15/11/06 09:32 PM Re: Baja 1000...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anyone notice what they are doing to their BFG tires to get the traction they want? If they ran GOODYEARS they would have no need to grove.

I dont know who the crew cheif is, but he has some strange ideas. Dale Ebberts usally has good cars. They must have hired a hack!!!

#438364 - 15/11/06 09:46 PM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

I was noticing that on the bigger cars that they have a grive more similar to the CORR cars when they run back east in the muck. I was wondering if it had more to do with the fact that thing are going to be a little sloppier with all the recent rain.

Being that there are two different versions of the Baja T/A , I've noticed that they are all groved the same on both sides too. So I'm not seeing an inner Vs. outer tire difference. So it doesn't look like it's for digging in on the turns.

Baja T/A

Baja T/A kr (or Km or whatever the hell it's called)

The Jesse James pics didn't look groved.

I've yet to see pics of Gordon and Stienberger's trucks and how the Toyos are looking.

I really like the MTR and it would be great to see Goodyear runt he same degree of support in Mexico during the big races to get more guys on board. I don't think BFG has the numeber of clas and overall wins with a shitty product, but racer prices and giant pit support goes a long way in getting people on board with your product.

BTW; your brand loyalty is cool and congradulations on having great sponsor support, but doesn't Goodyear even need to groove their tires at CORR? laugh

#438365 - 15/11/06 10:03 PM Re: Baja 1000...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've worked a lot of hours next to Lil'Joe the main man at Goodyear, he does most of the grove decissions him self. Yes they do grove for mudd on the short track, they also build the tires with softer rubber compounds. But for a 1000 mile race? How much will be like short coarse mudd? All those cut corners will start tearing off really fast. I ran some Goodyears that did not last 100 miles for that same reason, too much ciping in the lugs. Besides front tires need lateral groves for steering. Maybe they cut them for braking who knows.

#438366 - 16/11/06 06:30 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Lil Joe was at the V2R race correct?? I recognized him from the big article DirtSports magazine did on him a few months back...I was like "Wow, this is so cool...That's Lil Joe!!" and he is little!!! I will try to post what updates I can glean from differing sources throughout the day on the B1K...

#438367 - 16/11/06 09:09 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Bikes are off and running as well as ATVs though the UTV's (rhinos, arctic cats, etc.) won't start till AFTER everyone else as they are the slowest...no real updates...seems like a lot of radio issues and the Weatherman is not up streaming his audio feed as of yet...

#438368 - 16/11/06 09:47 AM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterraracer:
Tire stuff
I dunno either. I hope that with the harder kevlar compound that they use will hold up to the task.

#438369 - 16/11/06 10:18 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Interesting little bit on Jesse James' attempt at this years B1K...

"Jesse James is debuting in a new Porter built Trophy Truck. Apparently James blew the engine yesterday while pre-running/testing. The West Coast Choppers crew pulled the engine out, and it was flown to California to be worked on. It was back early this morning and the truck was running again by 5:30am. The West Coast Choppers Trophy Truck made it to the AM Tech Inspection and will be ready to race later today."

#438370 - 16/11/06 10:50 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Shannon Campbell and his crew are now on course with their Donahoe sponsored FJ...Hopefully not long now till Robby gets on course and starts passing people...

#438371 - 16/11/06 11:49 AM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

The "cars" are now all beginning on their way...Ebberts---the guy with all the lights in the previous posts is already out of the race...blown engine at mile 5!! Jesse James is past mile marker 40 so far...

#438372 - 16/11/06 12:18 PM Re: Baja 1000...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The "cars" are now all beginning on their way...Ebberts---the guy with all the lights in the previous posts is already out of the race...blown engine at mile 5!! Jesse James is past mile marker 40 so far...
damn...5 miles is all...that's a great way to ruin your day laugh

#438373 - 16/11/06 12:20 PM Re: Baja 1000...
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Shannon Campbell and his crew are now on course with their Donahoe sponsored FJ...Hopefully not long now till Robby gets on course and starts passing people...
Isn't Robby in a TT?

After the bikes and quads, the TT's go first followed by Cl.1 then whoever......

If you had the TTrucks and Class 1 and 10 cars going after the class 3 and other slower classes, a lot of people would be in big damn trouble.

Just for a second, can you imagine RG starting behind a semi stock FJ and it's brethren and doing what it takes to pass them on a goat trail? laugh

#438374 - 16/11/06 12:22 PM Re: Baja 1000...
spalind Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Shannon Campbell and his crew are now on course with their Donahoe sponsored FJ...Hopefully not long now till Robby gets on course and starts passing people...
Isn't Robby in a TT?

After the bikes and quads, the TT's go first followed by Cl.1 then whoever......

If you had the TTrucks and Class 1 and 10 cars going after the class 3 and other slower classes, a lot of people would be in big damn trouble.

Just for a second, can you imagine RG starting behind a semi stock FJ and it's brethren and doing what it takes to pass them on a goat trail? laugh [/b]
Yeah, that is the way they should go...don't think their IRC tracker is working...all the sites are getting flooded and its hard to discern any info on anybody at this point...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal