2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43906 - 20/12/01 11:27 AM Jet Performance Computer now available
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
I called them today and they are now reprogramming Xterra's ECU's. I do not know any details other then you have to send them your computer and it cost 399.00. More info at www.jetchip.com

#43907 - 20/12/01 02:29 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
DenX Offline

Loc: Parker, CO
Have they mentioned any gains on their guinea pig X? It would be nice to have a chip, but for $400 I want to see a Dyno.

#43908 - 20/12/01 02:38 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
I would like to see dyno results also. Like I said I do not know specifics. I called for my race car and just haoppened to ask about the X. He was a sales guy and didn't know anything.

#43909 - 20/12/01 04:00 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
DenX Offline

Loc: Parker, CO
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense to inform the people who have to sell these items what the finer selling points may be. laugh

#43910 - 20/12/01 09:48 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
He was a sales guy and didn't know anything.

Are you sure you didn't call my company? laugh

#43911 - 21/12/01 08:41 AM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
GsxrTony Offline

Loc: Plainfield IL
So let me get this straight they are going to charge $400.00 to remap your ignition. That sucks. Someone needs to come out with a box to install into the truck so you can remap off you laptop or palm pilot.

And another question, Isn't the fuel system a closed loop system? So it should adjust to changes automatically in air fuel mixture ratio's. Now is this just not enough adjustment or what.

I wouldnt buy from this company, Until they start selling the programming units intstead of just selling the service. Plus the best way to map it is on the Dyno with an air fuel meter. So you can create a custom map for each throttle position.

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: GsxrTony ]

2002 Nissan Xterra
  • Supercharger
  • 5 speed
  • 4x4

#43912 - 23/12/01 11:35 AM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
Couldn't you just install an S-AFC to trick the X into running leaner? You can use a datalogger by hooking into the OBDII plug to check your O2 readings and such. It's still $400, but it's adjustable.

Quote:
From Alamo MotorSports:
The second-generation S-AFC is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal. The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. On hot-wire vehicles, the Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphere blow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems. The S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %. Due to the complexity of this product, A'PEX recommends having the S-AFC and other A'PEX electronics installed and tuned by authorized A'PEX Power Excel Shops.

Yes, yes, yes, your warrenty is voided if the dealership finds out about this. :rolleyes:

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: JayzX ]

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#43913 - 23/12/01 07:11 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
pukaterra Offline

Loc: Left coast
You Performance buffs might also want to cheak out Jim Wolf Tech. at www.jimwolftechnology.com. The have done lots of work on Nissan computers. Mostly all cars but also Pathfinders maybe they might have a program for Xs? Its also my understanding when you have your chip remaped you must run 92 octane fuel. 6 months ago that would have been over $2.10 a gal. in my neck of the woods here in California. eek Good luck and let us know if its worth the money.

#43914 - 24/12/01 11:53 AM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
PlatnumToof Offline

Loc: Mukilteo, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by pukaterra:
You Performance buffs might also want to cheak out Jim Wolf Tech. at www.jimwolftechnology.com. The have done lots of work on Nissan computers. Mostly all cars but also Pathfinders maybe they might have a program for Xs? Its also my understanding when you have your chip remaped you must run 92 octane fuel. 6 months ago that would have been over $2.10 a gal. in my neck of the woods here in California. eek Good luck and let us know if its worth the money.

You already have to run that octane if you are running a supercharger, so it wouldnt be a difference there. But I am just curious as to the gains vs dollar ratio.

platnumtoof@hotmail.com

#43915 - 24/12/01 06:51 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
If JWT would make an ECU for the X it would be cool, but they are probably not interested in doing anything for the X. They are no doubt the best at Nissan ECU programming, but unfortunately they are neither quick or anxious in the R&D area. ECU for 96 w/OBDI no problem. Nissan anything with OBDII, problem. Haven't done any of them yet, and two years ago they were working on one for a car I had, and as far as I know are still "working" on it.

The only experience I've had with JET is seeing friends' DSM cars not run worth a damn after putting them in. It is nice having someone doing them, I'm just not going to be the Guinea Pig on this one. If you want shitty gas mileage advance your timing and run 92, you'll get the same 5-7 hp to the wheels.

Charlie

If JWT would make a chip, I would shell out the $599.00 for it (and more, happily, because I know it would work), but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#43916 - 22/02/02 07:37 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
i saw in the jet catalog where they claim a 15-17HP from the Xterra's 3.3L. They dont even say that you must use Premium gas. Premium gas is a must for the Ricers but didnt say it for the X.

#43917 - 23/02/02 04:51 AM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
Why would Ricers need Premium Gas? A Ricer is someone who claims to have something they don't. Type-R stickers on a Civic ES and such. :p

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#43918 - 23/02/02 11:40 AM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
i dont know for sure, but the book says it reprograms something with the fuel/air mixture. might be the reason.

#43919 - 24/02/02 05:18 PM Re: Jet Performance Computer now available
Xterradon Offline

Loc: Franklin Park, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony:

And another question, Isn't the fuel system a closed loop system? .
I think the fuel system is closed loop until a certain high rpm is reached or you go WOT. Then it is open loop I think to protect the engine from pre-ignition.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal