2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#442352 - 30/05/08 01:42 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok you guys... readin all this and hearing Ian talk about it in Moab convinced me.

Just ebayed it for $40 should be here Monday or Tuesday.

#442353 - 30/05/08 06:12 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Oh on Holland play make sure you kill playboy and not Dwayne.

#442354 - 02/06/08 07:46 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Oh on Holland play make sure you kill playboy and not Dwayne.
What happens if you kill Dwayne? I killed Playboy. Just wondering would he have offered more missions??

#442355 - 02/06/08 08:39 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
Quote:
[b]Oh on Holland play make sure you kill playboy and not Dwayne.
What happens if you kill Dwayne? I killed Playboy. Just wondering would he have offered more missions??[/b]
Playboy calls u a punk and dosent want to associate with u any more.

#442356 - 02/06/08 08:49 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Oh on Holland play make sure you kill playboy and not Dwayne.
What happens if you kill Dwayne? I killed Playboy. Just wondering would he have offered more missions??[/b]
Playboy calls u a punk and dosent want to associate with u any more.[/b]
This isn't a spoiler by any means... when you're hanging out with Dwayne e.g. going to drink, get a meal, etc Dwayne will admit that he misses Playboy being around. The reason I mention this is because Niko will go slightly on the defensive and tell Dwayne "hey I did as you said."

On a separate note.. I know that one of y'all went the revenge path but did you find it worth it? I'm going the deal route first because I want to see how it turns out.

#442357 - 02/06/08 09:30 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went the revenge way. yea it was great, I'm curious on how it happened the other way around. I finished the story but it says its only 60% done with the whole game. I just did the story missions. not any side. so that might be why? I don't know

#442358 - 02/06/08 10:19 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yasha, here's a brief wiki on achieving 100% status.

IGN GTA 4 Wiki

There's beaucoup mini-quests, challenges, etc you'll have to complete if you want to achieve 100% completion. Rumor has it that you can use the internet within the game to help you locate a lot of the side quests, etc.

In other news, according to wikipedia there's a glimmer of hope for PS3 owners regarding downloadable GTA 4 expansions. They may actually have it for PS3 too as it turns out. laugh

#442359 - 03/06/08 06:59 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

O> M> G> That game is fun!!! And I have only been able to play it for about 2 hours. [Too much XOC]

#442360 - 03/06/08 02:49 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
[b]O> M> G> That game is fun!!! And I have only been able to play it for about 2 hours. [Too much XOC] [/b]
Glad ya' like it! laugh

Do yourself a favor and don't take the deal when it comes time. wink I made the unfortunate mistake of taking it instead of going with my gut, and as a result the end was quite shitty. [LOL]

#442361 - 16/06/08 08:36 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
I borrowed this game and I have been playing it the whole weekend on the 360... keep in mind that I haven't really been a big fan of the GTA series before now...

1. Initially it was very exciting... jacking cool cars and such...
2. The more missions I go through, the more repetitive it seems... I guess I haven't played enough yet though... some of the mission you guys speak of I haven't reached yet...
3. After Roman's cab depot gets burned, I am really missing the car service... I don't like driving across the map to see people.
4. Online play is fun, but not as fun as COD4 in my opinion... a lot more random violence and random thuggish teenagers cussing... I guess I'm still getting used to the whole online play... I know Ian mentioned that its comparing apples to oranges... but I guess I miss the variety & detail of weapons quickly at your disposal in COD4...

#442362 - 16/06/08 11:18 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
If you're looking for some variety in the online GTA gameplay, start hosting Missle Launcher only deathmatches.

Holy cow is that fun.

#442363 - 23/06/08 08:54 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet baby Jesus in the cradle, Three Leaf Clover is hard...

#442364 - 23/06/08 10:17 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Sweet baby Jesus in the cradle, Three Leaf Clover is hard...
Take your time on this one. laugh

If you're still having problems, use this link as last resort.
Three Leaf Clover Strategy

#442365 - 26/06/08 10:38 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahhhhhhh...four days later...finally....whew.

#442366 - 02/07/08 08:35 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Just finished both endings tonight (revenge and deal). I think this was a great first "next gen" GTA game, but Vice City and San Andreas had better game play and way better music, imo. Now, this one has online play which puts it in a different league, but hopefully they'll build upon these new graphics and maybe update the "formula". I don't know if I'm going to try for 100% yet. I love the jumps, so I may try to complete those. I wonder if there is there a map out there yet that shows where the rest of side missions and extras are? Oh well, time to mess around a little on Live. [Smoking]

#442367 - 03/07/08 06:35 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Just finished both endings tonight (revenge and deal). I think this was a great first "next gen" GTA game, but Vice City and San Andreas had better game play and way better music, imo. Now, this one has online play which puts it in a different league, but hopefully they'll build upon these new graphics and maybe update the "formula". I don't know if I'm going to try for 100% yet. I love the jumps, so I may try to complete those. I wonder if there is there a map out there yet that shows where the rest of side missions and extras are? Oh well, time to mess around a little on Live. [Smoking]
well of course there is a map. Its made by Brady Games

#442368 - 03/07/08 08:13 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
NismoXse02 Offline

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to pay half the price of the game to get the guide that'll get me to 100%. [Freak] Hopefully something pops up on the internet some day like it has for the previous games.

#442369 - 03/07/08 08:41 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to pay half the price of the game to get the guide that'll get me to 100%. [Freak] Hopefully something pops up on the internet some day like it has for the previous games.
Ask and you shall receive... laugh

GTA 4 Guide

GTA Hood

Between both of these links you shouldn't have any problem reaching 100% completion.

#442370 - 03/07/08 11:23 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Quote:
[b]Yeah, I don't think I'm going to pay half the price of the game to get the guide that'll get me to 100%. [Freak] Hopefully something pops up on the internet some day like it has for the previous games.

GTA 4 Guide

GTA Hood

Between both of these links you shouldn't have any problem reaching 100% completion.[/b]
In the internet and google we trust.
:p

#442371 - 03/07/08 11:25 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Quote:
[b]Yeah, I don't think I'm going to pay half the price of the game to get the guide that'll get me to 100%. [Freak] Hopefully something pops up on the internet some day like it has for the previous games.

GTA 4 Guide

GTA Hood

Between both of these links you shouldn't have any problem reaching 100% completion.[/b]
In the internet and google we trust.
:p

This may also come in handy... :p

http://www.gta4maps.info/2008/06/gta-4-hooker-map.html

[Smoking]

#442372 - 03/07/08 01:28 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

What they really need to do is what they had with the PC version of III, which is have an MP3 player with songs you load onto the hard drive. I'm surprised it wasn't available on this one.

And agreed with above: The music this time was way weaker than in past versions...hence my wish for an MP3 player.

#442373 - 03/07/08 01:42 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
but Vice City and San Andreas had better game play
Define "game play", because I have no idea what you're talking about.

#442374 - 03/07/08 09:09 PM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
Define "game play", because I have no idea what you're talking about.
Music, decade themes, map layout, jets/planes, and lastly... I used to love riding bikes the best. Not anymore. frown Anyway, just my opinion and all I can recall off the top of my head.
I am glad they did away with the whole eating and exercising like San Andreas had though.

#442375 - 06/07/08 11:23 AM Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
And agreed with above: The music this time was way weaker than in past versions...hence my wish for an MP3 player.
If you on a 360, you can do that with any game already - it's built into the system....

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal