shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#442987 - 28/03/05 09:52 AM "New Game system"
JSRAIDER Offline

Loc: Southern California
I'm looking at upgrading my "Pong" video game to something a little more modern. I had fun this past weekend playing Mech Warrior against a little 4 year old girl at Best Buy, although I kept getting my ass kicked.

I have seen and played the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube but am confused at what system offers the best games, graphics, performance and expandability.

What video game system would you recommend and why.

#442988 - 28/03/05 10:15 AM Re: "New Game system"
Anonymous
Unregistered

well... thats a tough one! they all have there perks, ps2 has a ton of great titles, xbox probably has the best graphix (highest screen rate (60/sec)where ps2 maxs out at 45 (which still isn't bad)), and course game cube which has the good ol classics, mario, metroid, zelda,etc. (imo) the game cube targets the kids. lots of titles that the 5,6 year olds can get in to. i have all 3,the least played is the game cube. theres just not the greatest game selection (IMO). I play my ps2 the most, gran tourismo 4 kicks a$$, still playing socom 2 on line a little even tho the title is 2+ years old (socom 3 coming fall 2005). i'm also not playing my xbox to much these days either, even tho i have been itchin (maybe that's the rash) to play some halo 2 lately. i heard recently (just a rumor mind you ) that ps3 is coming out next year, and im sure that xbox 2 ( or whatever billy boy wants to call it) will be soon to follow. but really it's all personal preference. go to a best buy or something, look thru the titles, find which system has the most titles that oyu are most likely to play, and go from there. they are all great in there own way! there are lots of sites with reviews on games and such as ign.com and gamefaqs.com they also have cheat codes and message boards (i think) that you can get a ton of info from. ok.. i'll stop rambeling now. hope this helped a little [Freak]

#442989 - 28/03/05 12:37 PM Re: "New Game system"
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
This should be a no-brainer...you're driving an X, so naturally, you should get an Xbox! cool

#442990 - 28/03/05 04:38 PM Re: "New Game system"
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do yourself a favor and hold out for the next generation of consoles. As pointed out in an earlier post, the Next X Box is supposed to be released in Q4 of 2005. PS3 is due sometime in Q1 of 2006.

Honestly, if you're really itching to own a console I'd reccomend buying a used one. The price tags of the current ones just don't justify it anymore.

About the games... PS2 has a better feeling controller and offers a more eclectic variety of games. People play this system I believe for the sports titles and series, e.g. Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Tekken, etc.

X Box has the better graphics and offers some games that are exclusively licensed to them, e.g. Halo, Project Gotham Racing, OddWorld, etc.

The one reason I'd own a gamecube is soley for Super Smash Brothers Melee! laugh

Btw, because of these soon to be released gaming systems I'm really not interested in PSP. I'm saving that $250+ for the next generation. Good luck!

#442991 - 28/03/05 04:43 PM Re: "New Game system"
MaloCS Offline

THEEPOLARBEAR had a great suggestion, review the titles on each platform and make your decision based upon that. I know most NEW titles come out on mulitple platforms but there are a few that are only available on one console.

If by chance you see yourself playing mostly first person shooters I would recommend PC gaming. The performance and quality of the game are top notch and the mouse/keyboard combo can't be beat for first person gaming.

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal