2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44365 - 28/03/02 11:23 AM SLR Cam and warranty concerns...
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
FYI-
I was doing a search on the SLR Cam and found this thread. I called my dealer about what warranty items this would void. They told me the only item it would void is the cam or any damage it causes to other parts by the cam IF the part fails. The only thing is that it has to be installed by the dealer.
I don't know if I am going to do this mod, right now it's just a thought in my head.

#44366 - 28/03/02 12:32 PM Re: SLR Cam and warranty concerns...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
You can bet that it will potentially void any driveline component.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#44367 - 28/03/02 12:45 PM Re: SLR Cam and warranty concerns...
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
I know AC cams are made with the Nissan Billets, are the SLR one the same? Regrinds just don't seem to work that well on Nissans. To the subject...what your guy at the dealer should have told you to make things real simple is that you would be voiding the warranty on the engine no matter who installs the cams. If your dealer has good techs and you don't want to tackle it, have them do it. The only drawback to this being that they will know you have done the swap. If you have someone else do it no one would be the wiser unless they started measuring things during a teardown. I'm waiting for headers to be available and will prbably do the cams and exaust at the same time. Don't plan on having the engine warranty after doing the cam swap.

Charlie

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

#44368 - 13/04/02 10:26 AM Re: SLR Cam and warranty concerns...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
The trick is, can they blame the cam for whatever happens?

I will probably get the cams in another 20,000 miles or so. I figure the warranty on the engine will be worthless at that point.

#44369 - 13/04/02 06:54 PM Re: SLR Cam and warranty concerns...
NthLJ Offline

Loc: Reno, NV USA
I figured I'd wait until headers became available. You would see a big difference in gain with cams, headers, exhaust and intake. I don't imagine there would be to many problems with the cams. They can't go to radical with them or the ECU would freak. Dealers could/would definately argue that the cams hosed the engine, but like I said, I don't think they would cause any damage if installed correctly. Until headers come out, I'll just concentrate on voiding the suspension and steering warrantees. smile

Charlie

Sensitivity is important in any relationship...
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'" --Bob Newhart

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal