shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44374 - 09/10/02 12:34 PM rear lsd install
TriChi Offline

Loc: University of Arkansas
i'm wanting to install a rear lsd for my 2000 2wd v6 X. i did the search and all but is still confused about needing a completely new rear diff housing. is that the same thing as the third member? my dad is a mechanic so the installation is not an issue, but is the having all the parts i need to do the installation is. so is getting a rear lsd unit from another x sufficient or am i going to have to change out my entire rear diff?

#44375 - 09/10/02 12:51 PM Re: rear lsd install
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I'm pretty sure you will need a whole new housing, and possibly axles (although I'm not sure about that).

#44376 - 09/10/02 01:23 PM Re: rear lsd install
TriChi Offline

the person from ac said all i need is their aftermarket rear lsd part. is that the better way of doing it, instead of going cheap and buying an oem rear lsd off of someone else's x?

#44377 - 09/10/02 01:34 PM Re: rear lsd install
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
As long as you have an H233B axle housing, all you should need is the LSD carrier to go in the third member.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#44378 - 09/10/02 01:46 PM Re: rear lsd install
TriChi Offline

thanks for the replies. my vehicle have been fish-tailing alot when it gets wet and it's an awfully lot cheaper than running into someone.

#44379 - 09/10/02 01:50 PM Re: rear lsd install
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TriChi:
my vehicle have been fish-tailing alot when it gets wet and it's an awfully lot cheaper than running into someone.
So is slowing down or driving properly . . .

I have a heavy foot too, but even in a torrential downpour, with six-months worth of oil coming to the surface (ever drive in Texas in a rainstorm after a long dry spell?), I still have to goose the engine to break the wheels free . . .

Invest in better tires and slow down . . .

#44380 - 09/10/02 07:23 PM Re: rear lsd install
ShipRekd1 Offline

should just need the lsd and perhaps a new carrier

jason

#44381 - 10/10/02 10:15 AM Re: rear lsd install
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Got news for ya, an LSD won't help fishtailing. If your rear end steps out from simply running out of grip in a corner, an LSD won't do a thing. If it steps out from too much throttle, an LSD will make it easier to do it.

Again, all that you need is the LSD carrier (and the clutch pack and spider/side gear set that should already be in it), nothing more.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal