2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#446566 - 07/02/08 06:24 PM Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got one for work..anyone have any thoughts, comments, or reviews?

#446567 - 07/02/08 07:19 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

As long as your company has invested in the Crackberry enterprise server, pretty much anything new that says Blackberry on the outside is decent. If you have to rely on the Crackberry desktop connection or whatever the hell it's called, they are worthless pieces of crap, IMHO.

Check out www.howardforums.com they have a decent Blackberry forum.

#446568 - 07/02/08 08:32 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, what Chef said.
The new BB's are really nice.

I use to drool over BB's whenever I set them up for clients (I work for a tech firm, and we've set up several of our clients with BBE servers).

But no more - I got a Sprint Mogul back in July. Now when I hand over a new crackberry to it's new user, I flash 'em my Mogul and now THEY are the ones who get jealous - hahahahahah.
Probably not a great thing to do, but it's fun.

#446569 - 07/02/08 08:45 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
Yeah, what Chef said.

I use to drool over BB's whenever I set them up for clients (I work for a tech firm, and we've set up several of our clients with BBE servers).

But no more - I got a Sprint Mogul back in July. Now when I hand over a new crackberry to it's new user, I flash 'em my Mogul and now THEY are the ones who get jealous - hahahahahah.
I love me some Windows Mobile laugh

#446570 - 08/02/08 05:57 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

It seems to be pretty amazing so far and def. makes life easier. We'll see but thanks for the link to the forum, I'll check that out tonight when I get home..

#446571 - 08/02/08 06:45 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
[b]Yeah, what Chef said.

I love me some Windows Mobile laugh [/b]
If I'm thinking of the same thing here, palm treo 700s come with Windows. While I'm a windows fan for the most part, I wasn't comfortable with it as compared to Palm's software.

As for blackberry... the new ones are supposed to be much improved when compared to their predecessors. I used to have one but I found treo more appealing. I want to upgrade to iphone when the 2nd generation comes out, but if they don't improve the on screen keyboard I might stay put with what I have.

#446572 - 08/02/08 07:28 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Yeah, what Chef said.

I love me some Windows Mobile laugh [/b]
If I'm thinking of the same thing here, palm treo 700s come with Windows. While I'm a windows fan for the most part, I wasn't comfortable with it as compared to Palm's software.

As for blackberry... the new ones are supposed to be much improved when compared to their predecessors. I used to have one but I found treo more appealing. I want to upgrade to iphone when the 2nd generation comes out, but if they don't improve the on screen keyboard I might stay put with what I have.[/b]
You are correct, and long time Palm OS Users usually hate the Windows Mobile OS.

The thing that I like most about the Windows Mobile OS, is that it integrates seamlessly with Exchange without me having to add any software or hardware to my Exchange server. But different strokes for different folks and all that.

#446573 - 08/02/08 08:06 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Not to completely jack the thread, but I like Windows Mobile, too. Specifically, all the freeware and other software available for it.

iPhones are great for people that don't know any better (and the UI is amazing), but there's just something to be said for a phone that allows me to stream my home TV cable box/DVR, run planetarium software and use a weather app that updates itself every two hours with any radar map on the internet I tell it to update.

#446574 - 08/02/08 10:12 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
but there's just something to be said for a phone that allows me to stream my home TV cable box/DVR, run planetarium software and use a weather app that updates itself every two hours with any radar map on the internet I tell it to update.
Your going way beyond my capabilties. I just need e-mail and basic internet.. smile I'd think w/ a windows based phone I'd be able to put .XLS files on the phone? I need to get pricing info in here and A LOT of it.

#446575 - 08/02/08 11:25 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive been contemplating getting one of these as well. Any other recommendations as to something better or equivalent that is worth looking into?

#446576 - 08/02/08 12:02 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Quote:

Thanks Chef for that link... The wifey and I are currently looking to new phones/plans and such... We're currently month-to-month with AT&T/Cingular... The large amount of info on that forum will definately decide which route to take... Thanks again!

- Air B laugh

#446577 - 08/02/08 01:41 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Justin, what carrier are you with? How much time is left on your contract? Are you looking to switch carriers? If using ATT, T-Mobile or a regional GSM carrier are you willing to fork out big $$$ for a factory unlocked phone? Are you looking for 3G data speeds (near broadband) or are you ok with EDGE speeds (think barely better than a 56k dialup modem)?

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
Quote:
[b]
Thanks Chef for that link... The wifey and I are currently looking to new phones/plans and such... We're currently month-to-month with AT&T/Cingular... The large amount of info on that forum will definately decide which route to take... Thanks again!

- Air B laugh [/b]
Anytime laugh

#446578 - 08/02/08 04:05 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had the 8130 for a week now. It is a great phone, I had an 8830 before and it didn't have a camera and no mms capabilities. My wife has one also and the blackberry messenger is a nice feature. I have loaded movies on it and music on my 2gb card and they work well also. I am a blackberry fan, except when the server goes down and then that stinks but it has only happened once since ive owned it and it was only for an hour.

I had a motorola q and it worked well when it wanted to but windows mobile seemed to lock up on me alot and forced me to soft reset about once a week which seemed a bit much to me.

Another good website is www.crackberry.com good tips, tricks and topics there as well as the HoFo.

#446579 - 09/02/08 07:02 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

This phone is amazing so far. Every time I use it I find somthing else that it does. The phone does kind of answer some questions I never asked but I've found a use for MOST of it's features and it's worth every penny to me. I recommend it so far. I was messing w/ my friend's Palm Treo, and I don't see what they are all about.

#446580 - 09/02/08 08:40 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by WestCo Justin:
Ive been contemplating getting one of these as well. Any other recommendations as to something better or equivalent that is worth looking into?
Treo's suck. I hate mine. Worst thing I ever did was let Sprint swap out my HTC PPC 6400 for a Treo.

The HTC Mogul/PPC 6800 would be my phone of choice for something other than an iPhone.

And for those dissing the iPhone - just wait. Once the SDK comes out, I think you are going to see an explosion of 3rd party apps for it. It's only been out since October, after all. And even if you never own one, there is no doubt that Apple's entry is finally pushing other vendors to focus on things like usability (Windows Mobile is OK, but it could be so much better).

#446581 - 09/02/08 09:49 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Just ordered a Moto Q9c myself on Thursday. We'll see how that goes. I've heard good things about it, but I'm sketchy of Moto's.

It will be my first WM phone. If it shits the bed the most Motorola's do, then I'll swap it in for a HTC Touch.

#446582 - 11/02/08 02:53 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Quote:
Originally posted by WestCo Justin:
[b]Ive been contemplating getting one of these as well. Any other recommendations as to something better or equivalent that is worth looking into?
Treo's suck. I hate mine. Worst thing I ever did was let Sprint swap out my HTC PPC 6400 for a Treo.

The HTC Mogul/PPC 6800 would be my phone of choice for something other than an iPhone.

And for those dissing the iPhone - just wait. Once the SDK comes out, I think you are going to see an explosion of 3rd party apps for it. It's only been out since October, after all. And even if you never own one, there is no doubt that Apple's entry is finally pushing other vendors to focus on things like usability (Windows Mobile is OK, but it could be so much better).[/b]
I'll agree with that post 100%. I imagine iPhones will eventually be like Razrs. Expensive at first, then as the price drops you start seeing Grandmas strolling around with them.

#446583 - 11/02/08 06:43 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

#446584 - 11/02/08 07:19 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have an ATT 3525 and its glitchy. at first i loved it and then it started being soo slow and i only have A song and a few pics. the only cool thing is the keyboard.

contracts up and i can upgrade til feb 26. thought about the iphone but my first thought was.. id rather spend $500 on my xterra instead!!

but no really. i dk what to get.

#446585 - 12/03/08 07:42 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Origami Gangsta Offline

Got the Q9c last month. What a piece of shit that was. I fucking hated it. Glitchy, slow, just reminded me of why I hate Moto's in the first place.

The only good thing about that phone is the battery life. It was OUTSTANDING with the OEM extended battery. I will say that.

So I swapped it for a Red Pearl 8130. This phone is pretty damn nice so far. I got a 60-Day Trial for the BES service, and I have to say, I'm probably going to cancel that. Since I'm not a "business professional", I don't see the hype. Push email isn't that big a deal to me either.

I've just been using the BB data pack to d/l all the necessary third party apps that I need, and I'll just browse the net with Opera Mini. I have free PV anyway, so I'll just have to get rid of the BB data. I don't see the point in paying $30 a month for something that I don't need.

It is a sweet phone though. The 2MP camera is solid, takes just as if not better pics than my Sanyo M1 did (that was a 2MP cam too). The music player is good, nice and crisp, easy to load tunes on. I only have a 2 gig SD card in it now, will probably upgrade to 8 gigs eventually. Vids are pretty good, but I have my PSP for that.

Definitely check out Sprint Users if you're a Sprint customer. Howard Forums is good too. I'm registered on both as Fried Rice Mofo. I've been circulating the various Crackberry forums the last couple of days as well.

Lots of stuff to learn!

#446586 - 13/03/08 08:22 PM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Origami Gangsta:
Howard Forums is good too. I'm registered on both as Fried Rice Mofo. I've been circulating the various Crackberry forums the last couple of days as well.

Lots of stuff to learn!
I am on crackberry too under same user name and I learn new shit everyday on there, its a great site

#446587 - 14/03/08 05:38 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
I'll agree with that post 100%. I imagine iPhones will eventually be like Razrs. Expensive at first, then as the price drops you start seeing Grandmas strolling around with them.
My mother-in-law has a pink Razr.

She fucking HATES it. laugh

#446588 - 14/03/08 06:58 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
babyX Offline

My husband bought an iPhone in January, and as a phone, it kinda sucks. The calls are never really clear, even with full signal strength. However, as an on-the-go internet/e-mail/iPod option, it's fabulous! He looked at every other phone in the store to see what the interface was like, and the only one that showed Web pages the way they look on a computer is the iPhone. (He hated the Windows Mobile look.)

I have a SLVR and, while I don't hate it, I'm looking for something to replace it with pretty soon. I don't even know how to use half of its features.

#446589 - 15/03/08 08:49 AM Re: Blackberry Pearl 8130
Origami Gangsta Offline

What kind of phone are you likely looking for? Like what do you want out of it.

iPhone's are cool and all, but the fact that you can't even get a price cut by renewing your contract is bullshit. It's not THAT great.

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal