2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#446939 - 18/05/07 11:57 AM Mac OSX on a PC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since this is the place for geeks... [Finger]

I know this is two year old news, and not sure if anyone cares anymore. But Mac OSX on a standard Intel PC kicks ass! I'm too cheap a bastard to buy a new Mac, just to play with.

Currently triple booting OSX, XP SP2, and SuSE 10.2. Network is cooperating between everything (2 other XP PC's printers, Interweb)

Just wanted to share.

Now....onto Quad booting with Vista (assuming someone has GRUB working with the Vista bootloader BS)

Off to google I go...Is it sad this is what I'm doing on my day off? [LOL]

Edit to add: really just because I don't want to go mow the yard, and its nice and comfortable in the house right now, and don't want to waste a beer buzz on the lawnmower. laugh

#446940 - 18/05/07 01:20 PM Re: Mac OSX on a PC
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
What hardware are you using? Are there any components of OSX that aren't compatible with your hardware?

#446941 - 22/05/07 05:48 PM Re: Mac OSX on a PC
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it is running most perfectly.

I've got a P4 3.0Ghz HT, with 1.5 GB RAM.

Nothing special with the mobo....onboard Broadcom LAN, AC97 compatible sound, and I'm running an ATI Raedon 9550 256MB video card.

The tutorial I followed was found by googling osx86, and just looking around. I went the VMWare route, so i could install in XP, then just copy the VMWare virtual disk over to an empty partition.

Right now the only thing that isn't 110% to my liking is the video card seems a little sluggish...I don't think real Macs use ATI chipsets, so I may just have to live with it.

Other than that, I can browse the windows shares on the rest of the network, download in safari at 575K/sec, so it is just something fun t play with.

If you wanna try it, make sure you read up on how to use dd.exe to copy to the CORRECT partition. This handy little program will overwrite your windows partition, while you're using it eek

and use the "green monster" to find the patched OSX dvd...use terms like OSX JAS, DVD....and you'll find what you're looking for,

If you don't have a dvd burner, just use deamon tools to mount the iso....hehehe I said mount.

Moderator:  Paul H 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal