2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450112 - 01/02/06 06:23 PM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MassX:
I would think they would use the same cluster but just eliminate the wire that goes to the deck. And that the pin is still capable of producing the VSS signal. HMMM?
Japanese auto makers don't like to have multiple wire harness for different model vehicles.

#450113 - 01/02/06 07:28 PM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gblaue:
Quote:
[b] I would think they would use the same cluster but just eliminate the wire that goes to the deck. And that the pin is still capable of producing the VSS signal. HMMM?
Japanese auto makers don't like to have multiple wire harness for different model vehicles.[/b]
But they do have different Instrument Clusters/Unified Meters for different trim models.

I believe the Premium sound also comes with the upgraded cluster, so it'd probably have that stuff for the radio, and the upgraded cluster probably comes with the different harness.

On the older vehicles, the Bose sound system had it's own harness that was unique to the Bose equipped vehicles due to the internal amps in each speaker. So I could see the difference happening quite easily.

#450114 - 01/02/06 07:47 PM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh, yeah, that's right. I fogot that there is a trip computer in some of the trucks... so that makes sense. Do the trucks with the RF stereo also have the trip computers, as far as the OR, or is the trip computer only on the SE's?

#450115 - 02/02/06 03:47 AM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I believe the Premium sound also comes with the upgraded cluster, so it'd probably have that stuff for the radio, and the upgraded cluster probably comes with the different harness.

On the older vehicles, the Bose sound system had it's own harness that was unique to the Bose equipped vehicles due to the internal amps in each speaker. So I could see the difference happening quite easily.[/QB]
I'd bet that the instrument clusters are the same. The software that they are loaded with ahs different features enabled. From a financial perspective, you don't reinvent the wheel. As for the connectors on the amplifier, I might have a wee bit of knowledge of Bose amplifier.

#450116 - 02/02/06 05:30 AM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b] I would think they would use the same cluster but just eliminate the wire that goes to the deck. And that the pin is still capable of producing the VSS signal. HMMM?
Japanese auto makers don't like to have multiple wire harness for different model vehicles.[/b]
So, based on your logic, if I get a steering wheel with audio controls and install on my X that didn't have it, it should work?

#450117 - 02/02/06 06:17 AM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would suspect that a sub harness in something like a steering column would be different. The main harness will most likely be the same. My logic refers to the instrument cluster itself. Each cluster will cost many hundreds of thousands (maybe even millions) of dollar to develop. Then more $$$ to qualify and validate (especially because it's a safety critical system). I design amplifiers and we write the same checks. It's much more cost effective and efficient to commonize hardware and just change software.

#450118 - 03/02/06 05:26 AM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

On the older vehicles, the Bose sound system had it's own harness that was unique to the Bose equipped vehicles due to the internal amps in each speaker. So I could see the difference happening quite easily.
I'd bet that the instrument clusters are the same. The software that they are loaded with ahs different features enabled. From a financial perspective, you don't reinvent the wheel. As for the connectors on the amplifier, I might have a wee bit of knowledge of Bose amplifier.
The instrment clusters are not the same. It's been discussed in another thread.

And no, if you put an audio control steering wheel on your X, it won't make the radio work. The radio has a seperate input for the steering wheel controls to work. If your radio didn't have it, it won't work. You'd have to switch the radio, the Air Bag clock spring (which has the extra wiring in the it) behind the steering wheel as well as the steering wheel.

#450119 - 03/02/06 02:22 PM Re: Vehicle Speed Sensor Wire--for navigation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Installed the Alpine speed pulse generator. Cost an extra $200 [ThumbsDown] but it's done and the Kenwood Navi works great [ThumbsUp] .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal