2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#450781 - 24/02/05 05:35 PM 4wd Option
Anonymous
Unregistered

How many people here that have 4wd and use it often? I am purchasing an Offroad Xterra in the next few days/weeks and trying to decide if 4wd is worthwhile for me. I live in Florida, so not much snow/hills. It may be just wasting money. Any thoughts?

#450782 - 24/02/05 05:39 PM Re: 4wd Option
Anonymous
Unregistered

well you got a lot of rain down there, swamp land, if your just gonna stick to roads then you probably dont need it.

#450783 - 24/02/05 05:41 PM Re: 4wd Option
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
4wd is only about a 2 to 3k option on most vehicles which should come out to not much more than 50.00 bucks a month extra if you finance. that is a small price for extra piece of mind, capability and better resale value....never know where you might end up in life.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#450784 - 24/02/05 05:49 PM Re: 4wd Option
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, I just got an Off Road '05 2X4 version. I liked the fact that it had better equipment such as the shocks, wheels (to me are the best looking of the 3 models), and interior (blue fabric). Now, does this mean that I can't go onto some trails - not at all. I am just weighing that portion of my driving with the rest of my driving, and it makes more sense to my lifestyle. 4X4 models, as stated before, do cost more and do add a certain amount of extra maintenance/repair costs and a litle worse gas mileage, but do have added capability. No one can answer that question but you.

#450785 - 24/02/05 06:05 PM Re: 4wd Option
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I may get a 2x4 and spend the money somewhere else.. I was just getting jerked around today by the dealer.. So who knows???

#450786 - 24/02/05 06:20 PM Re: 4wd Option
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our dealership is offering $500 over invoice for the '05 X right now. You don't have to purchase in state.

You can buy out of state and take a nice little road trip in your new truck.

Just a thought.

Hell, they're offering $400 under invoice on the new Frontiers (not the Nismo ones though, bastids! laugh ).

Point is, if your dealership is jerking you around, look at a different one!

#450787 - 24/02/05 09:31 PM Re: 4wd Option
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Keep shopping around... get a good quote and put them up against it.

Get the truck you will use and want. If you know that you will not use the 4x4 and don't live in a place that calls for it then... don't get it.

The 4x4 will keep its own value over the long haul. It is fun to have...

Whatever makes you smile! smile

#450788 - 24/02/05 10:08 PM Re: 4wd Option
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by OffRoadin:
...How many people here that have 4wd and use it often? I am purchasing an Offroad Xterra in the next few days/weeks and trying to decide if 4wd is worthwhile for me...
I use my 4x4 capabilities at least once a month...well worth the money...Coming from a guy who had a 4x2 Xterra, and never in my entire Life thought that I would end up trading up to a 4x4 Xterra (my first 4x4 Vehicle)...I would end up loving it...the first week I got it, I got stuck in a Ditch while Turning around to go to the opposite side of the Street, and put that sucker in 4Hi, and got out like a champ...if I didn't have 4x4 capabilties, I would have spent some money on a Tow Truck...having 4x4 is fun, and it is not that much more on the payments vs my 4x2 Xterra...I would really recommend getting the 4x4...having 4x4 capabities is like Insurance...you never know when you need it...but Hey...Get whatever floats your Boat...It is going to be your Vehicle, not anybody elses...just my opinion..

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#450789 - 24/02/05 10:37 PM Re: 4wd Option
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're going to sell your truck, then it's
worth the cash for the 4x4. People but 4x4 even if they never use it. SUV + 4x4 just goes together in people's minds.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal