shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45213 - 13/09/04 01:26 PM Question to Cyclemut
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, I want to change the oils in my tranny,rear,and front diff's. I am currently using Amsoil 5/30 Syn in the engine. I read that there is a special oil, ie GL/4 GL/5 that has to be used. This is very confusing to me. Would you happen to know which Amsoil I would need for the different oils that I want to change?.I would like to stick with the Amsoil brand. 04 X 5spd, XE Championship package, sport package.

Thanks in advance

Dave

#45214 - 13/09/04 07:42 PM Re: Question to Cyclemut
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I'd use the SAE 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube for the transmission. Meets GL-5 specs, and keeps decent shift qualities when cold (which is good for these trannies).

For the diffs, I'd step up to SAE 80W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube. You could use the Series 2000 Synthetic Gear Lube, but it's still rated as a 75W-90. I like running the 80W-90 in the diffs. Thicker, and tends to stick better under high stress situations (personal opinion), and the diffs are definately high stress. Also, these are good for LSD equipped vehicles. No extra additives needed.

My Father also sells Amsoil, but only to family and friends (more of a hobby). I'll be running the SAE's (not the Series 2000 though) in PhoeniX as well. Trust me, she'll be strictly off road. She'll see stress alright!

But this is just my personal opinion. Others may agree or disagree.

#45215 - 15/09/04 09:04 PM Re: Question to Cyclemut
Anonymous
Unregistered

SAE 75W-90 in a stick but,
What would you put in a slush box?

#45216 - 15/09/04 09:16 PM Re: Question to Cyclemut
Anonymous
Unregistered

Amsoil also makes a Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid as well (happen to own an automatic, the 80w-90 will be going in the diffs, especially in the Dana 44 in the front wink ).

It's supposed to be good stuff, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal